• This topic has 9 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Unknown Biker Found in Crash Pennine Bridleway
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

There’s an unknown mtber in Leeds Gen Infirmary. He was taken there by air ambulance about 5pm this afternoon after a couple of riders from the Oldham area found the guy totally out of the game with his face ripped to bits on the Pennine Bridleway in the Piethorne Valley. He had no i/d and was in total shock. Long shot I know – but has anyone on here heard who it might be?

Apparently all he can remember is he is called Richard, looks in his forties and was riding a white and blue Beone bike.

If anyone can help please message Fluff Miller on Facebook

wallop

Reported and requested for stickyness

nbt

Long shot it may be but worth asking. Hope the guy recovers quickly – he may have recovered some memory overnight hopefully

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Bump to help

timax
    Free Member

Bump!….. Scary to think …. It could have been worse?? B-/ I hope he gets sorted.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Ouch, knowing the valley he would have been coming down one of the two steep downhills into the valley bottom, fairly easy to be going too fast and wipe out around there.
    Hope he’s better this morning and well done to the two lads who found him.

RustyMac

2 in the same area seems a heck of a coincidence. I am presuming this is the same incodent.

This tread was started a little earlier so may have some additional info for folk

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bad-crash-on-pbw-piethorne-valley-this-evening

stumpyjon

miner29er – Member
    My son, who found the injured the rider, received a call from his wife – so the good news is that they managed to find next of kin. The guy is being transferred from LGI to Bradford Infirmary where tomorrow he’ll undergo facial surgery. Don’t know about any other injuries – but if I hear anything I’ll post on here. Let’s all wish him a full and speedy recovery.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Awww oh dear 🙁

I hope the maxfax and plastic surgeons do a good job on the poor guy. How bad were the injuries, large lacerations or worse? 🙁

DrP

Geesh – poor chap. Hope he recovers promptly.
    This is the sort of thing that those ID bands as mentioned here would be useful for I reckon? (as in useful for preventing the confusion/hunt for relatives…)

DrP

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Unknown Biker Found in Crash Pennine Bridleway’ is closed to new replies.