Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Please help my business get £500 (business grant content)
  • retrogirl
    Free Member

Hi all I was wondering if you could do me a favour? I started up my business this year in January as a massage therapist. Its growing slowly and steadily and I am also adding to my therapies. To cut a long story short I have registered with Enterprise Nation where I have applied for a £500 grant. The catch is that I have to get 500 votes. This will benefit my business greatly and give me a much needed boost. So please lovely people of STW could you please take a couple of minutes to vote for me and help me reach my target? I would really appreciate this. The link is http://enterprisenation.com/funding-applications/star-massage-therapies/

donsimon
    Free Member

What’s the 500 quid for?
    If you’ve been in business since January you should have most of the equipment you need already, no?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Err, to expand?…

nuke

Hold tight!

… apparently they are just adding a bit of oomph to their servers.

donsimon
    Free Member

Err, how?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Come on – aren’t you intelligent enough to work out how to invest £500 into a small business?

donsimon
    Free Member

I am, but I don’t see anything from the OP and it would be a shame for the grant to be wasted therefore putting other small businesses in jeopardy because the current grant aid had been squandered. it tough enough out there.

retrogirl
    Free Member

In answer to your question I am wanting to add extra therapies to what I already do so the money will go towards course fees and buying equipment. I will also want to advertise what else I do so the money will also be used for marketing materials such as business cards, flyers etc. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask and I will answer them . I will really appreciate you voting for me as I am really passionate about what I do. For the first time in my working life I am doing something that I enjoy and I get alot of fulfillment from what I do.

donsimon
    Free Member

Do you have a web page?

retrogirl
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

There’s your first free advert. 😛
    (And maybe you’ll get some pointers from web designers or graphic designers to help you) 😉

retrogirl
    Free Member

Thanks donsimon I wasn’t doing this for some shameless plug tho free advertising is great. I won’t squander this money if I do get it as I’m stuck at 27 votes so have a long way to go It will be put to good use add therapies, marketing and this will help me to grow

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

One – buy your own domain for better SEO
    Two – don’t put another door on your shop – why have a homepage that you have to click through to get to content? Nothing but a needless barrier.
    Three – get a WordPress theme and you’ll soon get a much nicer (visually) site.

Edit – you have the domain so host the site on the domain, don’t forward it to another URL

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh, and I voted for you 😉

redthunder
    Free Member

Dont know who you are…

Signed up but voted for you.

Goodluck

nuke

That’s strange 😕 As per my previous post, link doesn’t work for me…just goes to some holding page saying ‘Hold Tight!’

retrogirl
    Free Member

Thankyou mastiles fanylion for the vote and advise. My husband did the website for me so will I give him those pointers but its not bad for a first website. And thankyou redthunder I really appreciate the votes

cbike
    Free Member

everyone is doing this these days – there must be a night class going or something…

My wee pal Emma (apparently she has taken over Glasgow Life!)

donsimon
    Free Member

Good luck and get all those available appointments filled. 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ohh and some lovely ‘lifestyle’ photographs would be nice to break up the copy a bit. Show the environment a bit, pictures of you doing treatments. Perhaps you could use the award on a Photoshoot?

toadfish
    Free Member

have voted for you but you have a long way to go.
    hope it all works out for you
    🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

m-f, have you Googled star massage? Is it worth even spending money on a web page for a local business?
    It’s a local business where people are unlikely to travel great distances for their massage and the message will be passed verbally.

retrogirl
    Free Member

I have found that I am getting most of my business through my website. People have been doing Google searches and my business is the 3rd one down on the 1st page so paying for a website is worth it. MF I am thinking of what I can add to my website and will be adding photos to it soon as I know people want to put a face to the name and see what I do.

donsimon
    Free Member

I get you seventh using “star massage therapies” and much lower using “star massage”, if people are coming through the website then invest there to get up the rankings.

khani
    Free Member

Done, good luck 😀

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Hey good for you retrogirl I signed up and voted I hope you reach your goal. This country needs entrepreneurs!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

SEO doesn’t necessarily mean spending money on it though DS – just optimise the site and (most importantly) host it at the URL.

Had this recently with a friend – he owns http://www.harrogatewindowrepairs.co.uk but hosted it somewhere else using domain forwarding. When he changed it, his monthly visits went up massively.

Edit – of course this was helped by having the perfect URL for what is by far and away the most commonly used search term for the service.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

And don – people won’t search for ‘star massage’ they will search for ‘massage in (insert town)’ and that is where SEO should be concentrated. If they already know the name of the business they will soon find out how to contact them if they want to.

Retro – have you got Google Analytics set up? If not, do it as soon as you can – it provides fantastic insight into search terms, pages hit, bounce rates etc

donsimon
    Free Member

I know m-f, and she can spend the saved money from tonight’s two freebies on other stuff now. 😉

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

😉

millsonwheels
    Free Member

Good luck! 🙂

cranberry
    Free Member

Voted for you.

Good luck.

retrogirl
    Free Member

Thank you for voting for me. I still have a long way to go as am on 45 votes at the moment. I would really appreciate some more votes and if anyone has any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks again

retrogirl
    Free Member

now have 49 votes still a long way to go would really appreciate it if you could place a vote

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘Please help my business get £500 (business grant content)’ is closed to new replies.