Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Planet x ti Qr's £15 at the moment with promo code.
  • saleem
    Free Member

as above.
    Michelin XC A.T. Folding Tyre £8.99NEW
    RRP £23.99Buy »
    Skully Ultrabright Micro LED Light £5.99NEW
    RRP £9.99 Buy »
    FSA The Pig Headset £9.99NEW
    RRP £24.95 Buy »
    Planet X Ti Skewers with Carbon Levers £14.99NEW
    RRP £29.99 Buy »
    Michelin Pro Race 3 Light Tyre £19.99NEW
    RRP £35.99 Buy »
    To access these prices use

Promo Code: WHITEROSE

Dogsby

I am being daft or have you not told us where?

Dogsby

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Put in an order today with SSC but for none of the above. Could have saved £2 on the XC AT's s i got from on-one but they dispatched in about an hour so no complaints. Bargains galore.

Dogsby

Dogsby

Jamie
    Free Member

Planet X

finners

planet x / on-one web page…

http://www.on-one.co.uk/

Dogsby

Dogsby

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Dogsby, are you retarded?

DarrenH

😆

walla24
    Free Member

cheers

radoggair
    Free Member

Dogsby – planet x website

Hope that clears that up 👿

oink1
    Free Member

Woohoo! Pimp new Ti QR's ordered 8)Thanks for the heads up saleem!

richcc
    Free Member

Those qr's do look nice. What's the thinking on ti skewers these days. I was under the impression that ti skewer+disk brake = early trip to the dentist?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

woudnt touch ti skewers with a barge pole. Ti is more elastic than steel so stretches more for a given load (Modulus of elasticity E for steel is ~200MPa, E for Ti is ~120 MPa where the higher the value the "stiffer" it is).

A disc brake puts twisting forces on the fork which stretches the Q/R. When the force is removed a stretched Q/R tends to unwind as the stress is relieved (as does a twisted spoke during stress relief). This will be worse for a Ti Q/R which will stretch more for a given load.

so in summary richcc; yes!

njee20
    Free Member

I've run ti skewers for years, never had a problem, a decent cam is more important IMO. Tune win my vote for being the best lightweight skewers, can't decide on the P-X ones.

saleem
    Free Member

Bought mine for the road bike and yes Tune are the lightest albeit five times the price, £15 for ti, I've lost more than that running for the bus 😆

harrington
    Free Member

just received mine – nice 8)

njee20
    Free Member

Bought mine for the road bike and yes Tune are the lightest albeit five times the price

Tune are far from the lightest, but they are the most secure, which IMO is more important!

I've got some Parts of Passion ones which are beautifully made, and I'm sure they're fine, but I just can't really bring myself to use them, a bit too flexy!

Ashley
    Free Member

Just got mine for my road bike too. DOn't know if I would want to use them on my mountain bikes – but to secure my WH7850's in they should do the job fine and loose a few grams from the Shimano stock ones.

Add the skully light also turned up which is better in the flesh than in the pictures.

njee20
    Free Member

When they first came out I asked about using them on an MTB.

The email I got back from P-X basically said 'if you try, can you keep a video diary so we can see the carnage that ensues'.

To be fair, that was based more on their length, designed for 130mm axles, rather than their fragility. I see Superstar sell the same thing for MTB use. Sadly my Top Fuel needs a stupidly long rear skewer, and I'm a tart, so I don't want non-matching ones!

saleem
    Free Member

Mine arrived today too, not bad at all.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Planet x ti Qr's £15 at the moment with promo code.’ is closed to new replies.