Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • pike bottoming out at half travel?
  • seanodav
    Free Member

Was behaving as normal till end of ride, now its bottoming out half way through travel, only getting about 70mm travel, any ideas whats up, is it easy fix or trip to tft?
    Thanks in advance.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

buggered seal between +/- chambers

seanodav
    Free Member

Forgot to mention these are coil forks, buggered seal would apply to air?

retro83
    Free Member

no, buggered seal in damper.

seanodav
    Free Member

Warranty cover this is or am i gonna need pull em apart?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

If they're under warranty you'll need to return them to Fishers, usually via the shop you bought them from or a RS dealer. It sounds like there is a failure on the seal at the bottom of the damping chamber or an imperfection on the damping rod, causing a seal failure.

It could just be a bit of swarf keeping the seal open.

How much use have they had?

Have you used the Uturn with the lockout on?

seanodav
    Free Member

Hi trout, only bout 6 month old used once a week at most,never used the u turn tbh and never lock them out

Rockplough
    Free Member

Warranty will cover it, but if you're comfortable with servicing forks then it's a motion control service which is fairly easy.

seanodav
    Free Member

Thanks everyone much appreciated!

nuke

Same as what happened to my Pikes. I went the warranty route: its been over a month since the fault occurred and they have been with CRC/Fisher now for three and a half weeks…still no news 🙁

seanodav
    Free Member

3 weeks!! bought mine from evans so doesnt look good does it, might be less hassle to do it myself, what seals do i need and where from?

Rockplough
    Free Member

If I were you I'd get onto tftuned and get:

-motion control service kit
    -lower lube kit
    -250ml 5wt oil

Get the Pike service manual from the SRAM website. It will tell you what tools you need and what to do. Read it very carefully.

There's also some good vids on SRAM's youtube channel.

The wonderful world of DIY fork servicing awaits!

seanodav
    Free Member

And again many thanks for your help!

delusional
    Free Member

I had exactly the same thing happen to mine a few weeks back. When I took mine back to the shop I was told they'd had 4 or 5 that week with the same problem, so it sounds like a bit of a common problem!

Mine was all fixed under warranty in under a week, but they didn't have to go back to Fisher leisure – I've been told there's only 2 guys there doing all warranty work for the Uk, which could explain the wait some people have had.

seanodav
    Free Member

@ delusional i see by your post on what 5-6 freeride bike you are riding a pitch, this is also a pike 351 on a pitch pro

delusional
    Free Member

@ delusional i see by your post on what 5-6 freeride bike you are riding a pitch, this is also a pike 351 on a pitch pro

It is indeed.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘pike bottoming out at half travel?’ is closed to new replies.