Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Phone mount?
  • jwmlee
    Free Member

Hoping to mount my Motorola Defy on my stem or bars so I can do a bit of Tabata training and maybe even use the mapping function.

Had a look on the web and they all look a bit heavy and clunky – designed more for motor bikes rather than cycles.

Can anyone recommend a good light weight one?

GrahamS

Would the “Topeak Dry Bag for iPhone” fit a Defy?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=57985

woody2000

I bought one of the weather resistant arm band phone cases, trimmed the velcro then used it as a stem mount. Bit heath robinson, but it worked ok.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

As the Defy is waterproof you don’t need a case that does that, just one that offers a bit of rugged protection and fits on the stem or bars.

I use an aluminium one I got from Expansys (it is made by PDair). Here are some photos

Works well and never had any issues with the phone falling out. The phone itself stands up well to heavy rain, muddy trails and the odd argument with gravity.

Regards

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these

http://www.ultimate-mobiles.co.uk/mobile-phones/htc/htc-hero-accessories/motorcycle-bicycle-mounts/ua-bike-mount-waterproof-case___423.htm

for my old HTC Hero.
    It’s suprisingly stable (ie has never come off, even down trails like Sticks Pass). Filed out the clamp so it fits on my stem too. And does seem to fairly waterproof.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hmmm, not sure why the pics aren’t showing. Right click on the icon and open in new tab seems to work though.

+1 for the case bandito uses. Worked well my old HTC Desire just a bit more bulky that the aluminium and with added waterproof protection you don’t really need (but belt and braces if you want that).

Regards

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

New try at the photos

P1010522 by spangelsaregreat, on Flickr

P1010521 by spangelsaregreat, on Flickr

P1010520 by spangelsaregreat, on Flickr

jwmlee
    Free Member

@spangelsaregreat that looks the business.

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

No problems, for got to say you need to drill four holes in the bottom of the case to feed the cable ties through.

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Phone mount?’ is closed to new replies.