Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Penderyn Sherrywood Welsh Whisky – Opinions?
  • Spin
    Free Member

Trying a glass of this just now having been given a bottle for my 40th. I’d read some pretty negative reviews of it including some on here. It seems to be OK to me from my limited knowledge (but vast experience 😉 ) of whisky. Not knock your socks off stuff, better malts out there for the RRP and maybe not one for those who really know their whisky but perfectly quaffable.

Thoughts?

peteimpreza

One mans poison etc.

If you like it that is all that counts

Cougar

better malts out there for the RRP

That’s my biggest issue with Penderyn. I’ve only had the original when it first came out, but my opinion was a) it’ll be nice when it’s finished and b) it’s bloody expensive for what it is.

I’d be happy to sample it again, but at that price point I’d be happier with a nice Benromach.

Spin
    Free Member

but at that price point I’d be happier with a nice Benromach.

Now you’re talking.

somafunk

I’ve got a bottle sitting here to try, once i finish off the Balvenie 21yr old…now thats a very nice whisky indeed, going by my current consumption rates i expect i’ll open it t’morns night 😉 .

Spin
    Free Member

Be interested to hear about what you think about the Madeira cask.

I think the best characterisation of the Sherrywood is pleasant or inoffensive.

Denis99
    Free Member

Yep, I like it.

I live reasonably local to the distillery and have been for the tour.

Oddly enough, cheaper to buy in Morrisons.

Haven’t had a bottle for a while, must go to Morrison’s soon.

andrw13
    Free Member

My wife’s favourite whisky….the only one she likes. I like it too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Penderyn Sherrywood Welsh Whisky – Opinions?’ is closed to new replies.