Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Pedal Heaven – new shop in Fleet
  • gingajim
    Free Member

Looks awesome and has been set up by Craig (one of the owners of Cycle Kingdom) Opening soon I hear!

njee20
    Free Member

Why is he opening a shop in direct competition with one of his own 😕

gingajim
    Free Member

Long story but Cycle Kingdom will cease to trade in the next couple of weeks

tonyd

Went past this at the weekend and was wondering why anyone would want to open up 5 doors down from a very busy and well established shop. They’ve got a specialized sign up on the shop front too which surprised me even more as Cycle Kingdom is a Spesh dealer.

Cycle Kingdom does a very good job of accommodating the needs of the well to do Fleet crowd IMO, perhaps the new shop is going to be a touch more niche? I know Craig is a big roadie and they’ve had some lovely road bike framesets in Cycle Kingdom (De Rosa, Pinarello) but they always seemed a bit out of place in a shop full of Rockhoppers 🙂

Incidentally they also have a website listed on the shop front, I’m sure it was http://www.pedalheaven.co.uk but the domain doesn’t appear to be registered (or active).

Will be taking the obligatory gander when I get the chance, probably at the weekend.

tonyd

Oh, just saw gingjim’s response.

How come they’re ceasing? Presumably joint owners wanting to go their separate ways?

gingajim
    Free Member

you got it!
    Definately an ‘all encompassing’ shop – not niche

tonyd

Well, nice to know that there’ll still be a LBS in Fleet. Des and the guys at Cycle Kingdom are a great bunch so hopefully they’re going over to the new place?

pedalhell
    Free Member

The other partner had no idea that Mr Peter was setting up in competion five doors down and was about to disolve their business!

njee20
    Free Member

😆

This could be interesting…

tonyd

The other partner had no idea that Mr Peter was setting up in competion five doors down and was about to disolve their business!

Oh, not so nice!

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

As I understand it from Des there will be the same staff in the new shop. Had the guided tour the other day & great facilities and space in the new premises

The background to CK was complicated to say the least.

njee20
    Free Member

So… did Craig just shaft his partner, steal his staff and trade accounts and start a new shop? 😕

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I wouldn’t put it quite that way, his day to day business partner is Des. As I understand it there was some finance behind the scenes that has been very rocky for a number of years, I think this is re-financing and going with a new start… although I imagine the other party doesn’t feel that way.
    Knowing what I think I know I have no issues with taking my business to Pedal Heaven.

wwaswas

Shame the other thread had to go…

cynic-al
    Free Member

It did? I didn’t report it but sounds like the right thing, prob the same with this one.

Spam and libel in one thread!

wwaswas

Yes, probably best it went. I can imagine everyone involved not wanting it all aired in public.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Pedal Heaven – new shop in Fleet’ is closed to new replies.