Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Peaks route advice – is this a tad ambitious?
  • charliemort

Edale – Jaggers Clough – Hagg Farm – top end of reservoirs – Cut Gate out and back – east side of reservoirs – over Highshaw Clough – west side of reservoirs – hope cross – back to edale

don’t mind a good work out but not 15 hours!!

thanks

charlie

BadlyWiredDog

No it’s fine. Why wouldn’t it be. You can do a loop from Hayfield out over the Roych then via Rushup Edge, Jaggers, Ladybower, Cut Gate, Langsett, Royston Vasey and back to Hayfield – or the other way round of course – in under eight hours. Though I guess it depends on how fast you move and how long you do want to be out for, ‘not 15 hours’ gives a fair bit of leeway…

edit: obviously it’s all relative to your level of fitness, but I’d say your route would make a very do-able loop for a reasonably fit rider, maybe not if you’re dawdling and stop for cake every 20 minutes.

charliemort

thanks – sounds fine then

what’s cake? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s a big ride but provided you’ve got food and fitness it’ll be a lovely day out.

vertebratetom

Sounds fine to me. I’ve done similar things before.

I guess the only slight downside is that – if you’re not sure about how long you want to be out – you’ve not got many bail-out options.

Good route.

steveh

It depends how fit you are and what you are used to. That’s definitely a good ride, if there’s a group of you I’d reckon 6 hours easy enough in total.

charliemort

don’t mind 6 – 8 hours, much more than that would negatively impact pub time!

shaping up nicely. This on Saturday then Jacob’s Ladder Sunday

cheers

charlie

hora
    Free Member

This on Saturday then Jacob’s Ladder Sunday

Seriously? Where do you get your fitness from? 🙂

If I did the pub after that Saturday ride, Sunday I’d be lounging.

charliemort

rugby back ground so plenty of beer training……..

49 1/2 years old so got to do it while you can!

hora
    Free Member

49.5? Blimey. You put us to shame 😀

Ontop of Whinstone Lee Tor I’ve bumped into a 83yr old walker recently. He’d just motored up the steep/lose way up… and complained that he used to run up the hill. Theres me stood in awe listening to this and winding him up 🙂

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Keep an eye out for me on a turquoise SB66 Charlie, first venture from Schottland to the peak, riding fri, sat and sun, with mucho beer and curry in between!.

charliemort

it’s a funny thing but bikewise i’m probably fitter than I’ve ever been (not dramatically fi though) – running or anything involving any agility getting increasingly hard with various ailments! (and I’m too blardy heavy at 93 kg’s or so)

prime motive force seems to be mrs m (age 48 3/4) who has just done a 50 mile TT in 2:08 and a bit….. she’s not very good at the beer bit though

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Peaks route advice – is this a tad ambitious?’ is closed to new replies.