Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Passport photo for 1 year old
  • marcus
    Free Member

I'm not able to see crouching on the floor of the photo booth with baby aloft resulting in a decent photograph to put on the little ones passport.

Does anyone know if I can take a digital photo at home and send off for printing somewhere, or can someone suggest any other options?

Cheers

marcus
    Free Member

Sorry – wrong forum (I might take my bike on hols with me though)

Shandy
    Free Member

We took ours to a chemist, quite a few of them still do passport photos and they will keep trying until they get one that is eligible.

You could do it yourself but there are a lot of guidelines, I think you need a white sheet as background, etc.

Riofer
    Free Member

Yes you can take it at home, there are plenty of companies online who can check it for you and send you a print.

We used a sheet and laid the little one on the floor. The trickiest part was avoiding shadows so check your lighting out first. Ohh and be prepared to be patient getting the right shot.

DezB
    Free Member

Don't see what's wrong with holding in the air in a photo-booth!

Got mine printed at http://mypix.com ("Identity" photos), cost £3.90 inc. postage.

teagirl
    Free Member

Go to a photo shop with said child in buggy, they'll put a sheet behind child and take digi photo. Job done for about a fiver.

geoffj

Some camera shops will do it for you.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

my local post office took photos of my 2 girls at 2 weeks old and as other posts they kept trying until they had a good enough photo, got passports no bother

wwaswas

just pick an image off google that looks roughly liek your kid – they'll have changed so much by the time you use the passprot no one will know…

AndyP
    Free Member

my local post office took photos of my 2 girls at 2 weeks old and as other posts they kept trying until they had a good enough photo, got passports no bother
    Mine took some really shocking ones but said they'd only re-do them if I paid for another set. 'We do loads of these, they'll be fine'. Duly rejected by passport office. Went back to PO, showed them the letter and the original photos, they did another set worse than the first then tried to argue that those'd be fine too*. Useless feckers. Took them ourselves against a white sheet, absolutely fine.

*probably went on strike straight afterwards. Taking two sets of photos of one child? surely grounds for industrial action…

Tracey

We held both Katie and Abigale in the air at a photo booth, Abigale was only 8 weeks old when we did hers

Tracey

matthewjb
    Free Member

Is there anything more stupid than having a photo in a baby's passport?

My daughter is 3. She's had her passport for 2.5 years. Surprisingly she looks nothing like the photo.

clubber
    Free Member

What teagirl said. Mini-clubber had his done at 10 days old so we could fly to see his family in N.Ireland – ridiculous really as even at 17 months he looks nothing like the pic.

jon1973
    Free Member

Is there anything more stupid than having a photo in a baby's passport?

My daughter is 3. She's had her passport for 2.5 years. Surprisingly she looks nothing like the photo.

Agreed, doesn't seem rather stupid – it's not like they're gonna go travelling on their own.

Didn't they used to go on the parents passport up until a certain age?

stumpytrek
    Free Member

Try Jessops. It has to be just right which is easier said than done with a 1-2 year old.

ChrisE
    Free Member

Take the kid on as hand-luggage…….

steviegil
    Free Member

Got our's done at the local post office, they done a very good job cause its a bugger to get right.

I agree with the above, how daft is it to allow a baby's passport photo to be valid for 5 yrs… 🙄

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Passport photo for 1 year old’ is closed to new replies.