Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Passive aggressive eBay listings…
  • finbar
    Free Member

Why would you be this obnoxious when writing an ad?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fixed-Wheelset-Phil-Wood-Anniversary-Hubs-H-SON-rims-Sapim-CX-Ray-Aero-Spoke-/161884551370?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

I’m tempted to ask if he’ll swap them for an xBox…

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Because eBay is full of dicks who WILL piss you about given half a chance?

wrecker
    Free Member

Ha! What an asshole!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

yup I’ve seen that, would have posted it in the thread had the OP not been about it 😆

don’t understand the 3 month wait for spokes though,

digga
    Free Member

Even given the mind-numbingly absurd randomness that one needs to fend off with a well-worded flebay ad, this goes above and beyond the polite basics.

free local London pickup is available

I’m getting a mental image of the worst sort of self-absorbed fixie hipster.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Ha! What an asshole!

Bit harsh on the OP.

Edit: I was going for a flippant joke, but after reading this:

I get it, either bid or GTFO.

The eBayer fully deserves the term.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Wow!

I’m not about to go into why I laced the wheels in this way, it’s a belief system

mikey74
    Free Member

I really hope they sell for only around £60 :mrgreen:

wrecker
    Free Member

Bit harsh on the OP.

Selling any phil wood wheels by any chance? 🙂

jekkyl

someone ask him why he’s laced the wheels in that particular way pleeeease. and also ask him for a bin price.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Selling any phil wood wheels by any chance?

Yes. Now stop triggering my belief system…..and buy them or GTFO! 😛

mindmap3
    Free Member

Defo.

They do come across like a weapons grade bell end.

edlong
    Free Member

Seems quite possible:

“It was an easy 5min commute from Haggerston to Old St and back again”

bencooper
    Free Member

I’m not about to go into why I laced the wheels in this way, it’s a belief system

Does he smoke lots of weed and live in a caravan?

nickc

anodised (aluminium) nipples…

I’m oot.

plus, of course, because he’s said don’t ask about the weird lacing pattern, you’d just have to, wouldn’t you?

onandon
    Free Member

Ask if the iPhone is included in the sale 🙂

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Please note, this auction is for the wheelset only and that is what I have listed in the particulars.

Someone send a message saying “How much is your buy it now including the candle, monkey and iPhone?”.

Gary_M
    Free Member

£30 postage! He’s having a laugh.

digga
    Free Member

edlong – Member

Seems quite possible:

“It was an easy 5min commute from Haggerston to Old St and back again” [/quote]The add is simply missing the line; “selling as I need more money for beard grooming products”.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem that bad to me.

£30 postage! He’s having a laugh.

Postage (£9)
    +£950 insurance (£7)
    +A big enough box (£5, or spend time trudging round bike shops trying to source one)
    +Some tape (£2)
    +30min of your time walking to the post office and back? (£10)
    =£33

andybrad

its just a londonnerer, arnt they all like that?

digga
    Free Member

gravity-slave – Member
    Someone send a message saying “How much is your buy it now including the candle, monkey and iPhone?”.

😆

As many a stand-in teacher has found to their cost, the line between establishing that you are not to be trifled with and over-emphasising the point until actually becomes an invitation to be played-up is wafer thin.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Doesn’t seem that bad to me.

If you’re happy to pay £30 postage for wheels then you’re daft.

Junkyard
    Free Member

He cannot as he bought the spokes from Belgium rather than invaded Belgium to get them

Bez

As a long time believer in the merits of a passive-aggressive approach to things, I would dispute the use of “passive” in this context.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Apparently he doesn’t have a buy it now price.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Apparently he doesn’t have a buy it now price.

Really? Oh. I just asked for one.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Really? Oh. I just asked for one.

Yeh it’s an AUCTION

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Even if you’ve been dicked around in auctions before if you want the best return from your auction then just bite your lip and be nice.

Either that or he’s thinking these are perfect wheels for the hipster and they all talk like that and have an attitude so he’s pitching it at the desired market…

kayla1
    Free Member

Maybe he bought some too-short spokes on the cheap and had to lace them up that way to use the short spokes up. Would somebody ask him that please? I’m not brave enough.

+1 on the sucking it up and being nice thing too. Walk it off, Goldfarb!

philjunior
    Free Member

It’s a bit OTT but nothing compared to the “NO TYRE KICKERS OR TIME WASTERS” ads that are all over internet car ads.

bencooper
    Free Member

I think it’s a special anti-torque design feature, pedal too hard and the hub fractures in the middle, protecting you from potentially straining a calf muscle.

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s a bit OTT but nothing compared to the “NO TYRE KICKERS OR TIME WASTERS”

That’s just standard for car ads though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you’re happy to pay £30 postage for wheels then you’re daft.

If you’re happy to post stuff at well under what it actually costs to send, and your calling me daft?

£30 might be a lot, I’ve sent wheels and charged £10, but they weren’t £950 wheels, they were cheap enough that I just put a layer of bubble wrap on them and covered with pallet wrap and an address label and left them on the doorstep for parcelforce to pick up.

kerley
    Free Member

Postage (£9)
    +£950 insurance (£7)
    +A big enough box (£5, or spend time trudging round bike shops trying to source one)
    +Some tape (£2)
    +30min of your time walking to the post office and back? (£10)
    =£33

You think they will sell for £950, you can only cover for the price as that is what you have lost if they go missing. You don’t need to replace them from new, just cover the selling value.
    And £10 to go to post office, that is all part of selling something.

£30 for postage is taking the piss. I would be charging around £15 with ParcelForce.

He will still get BIN questions as I always do even when stating no BIN. I just ignore them, no point getting angry about it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

If you’re happy to post stuff at well under what it actually costs to send, and your calling me daft?

No because it doesn’t cost me £30 to post wheels. Last set I sold I sent via hermes in a wheel box which just fits in their allowable size, cost well under the £15 I charged. Why would I charge £10 to go to the post office, that’s covered by profit from the sale not postage.

but they weren’t £950 wheels

And neither are these. They cost £950 to buy new, that’s not what they’ll sell for on ebay and you don’t ensure them for their original cost.

terrahawk
    Free Member

what a grumpy ****.

NewRetroTom

Valve Type: Schrader

wtf?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

It’s a bit OTT but nothing compared to the “NO TYRE KICKERS OR TIME WASTERS”

Or the usual eBay one – “advertised elsewhere so I reserve the right to stop the auction if I fancy”, though I suspect that may be code for “open to offers outside of eBay”.

You think they will sell for £950, you can only cover for the price as that is what you have lost if they go missing. You don’t need to replace them from new, just cover the selling value.
    And £10 to go to post office, that is all part of selling something.

£30 for postage is taking the piss. I would be charging around £15 with ParcelForce.

Yep, if you’re going to sell some wheels for nearly a grand then I’d absorb a bit of the cost of posting myself. Though, conversely if you’re paying a grand for them then the extra £15 extra postage isn’t going to break the bank.

hugo
    Free Member

Oooh, he’s answering questions. Think I might have a go!

I think he needs to vent some more anger.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Passive aggressive eBay listings…’ is closed to new replies.