Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Paris for valentines!
  • al1982
    Free Member

the wife and i are off to Paris for Valentines for a few days… been looking at restaurants but cant decide wheres good?

do i need to book for the 14th or will we have plenty of choice if we just turn up?

recommendations greatly received!

atlaz
    Free Member

Book a restaurant. I was in Paris for work a bit ago and was taken to Le Hide near the Arc de Triomphe; I’d recommend it in a heartbeat; modern French cooking. Or there’s La Biche Au Bois which is a bit more game oriented but also really good. Or Le Comptoir du Relais but I think that’s a bugger to get into although I’ve walked in every time I’ve been there as they don’t take bookings on certain days.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

L’Affriolé on Rue Malar. Best meal I’ve ever eaten. Staff were wonderful. Not the cheapest, and I’d go back in a heatbeat.
    You will need to book.

We’ve been a few times, and can recommend the hop on/off tourist buses to see the sights.
    Enjoy Paris.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

L’Eté en Pente Douce is nice if you’re near Sacre Coeur and it’s very reasonably priced. I’ve never booked there but I’ve never been on valentine’s day either, so maybe best to. Good lunch option without booking though if you’re out seeing the sights.

globalti
    Free Member

Hire a car and take a nice drive around the Bois de Boulogne. If you drive slowly, stop near other cars and flash your headlights occasionally you’ll soon be approached by friendly French couples offering to have a few drinks then invite you back to their nice apartments.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Le Train Bleu is a rather different dining experience, but well worth a trip.

My fave place in Paris, however, is Le Clos Bourgoignon. A proper little family run bistro, set away from it all. Nothing fancy, just good honest French food, washed down with buckets of good honest French wine.
    http://www.leclosbourguignon.com/

Cougar

Sorry for the thread hijack, but what’s Paris like for a veggie? Would I starve?

JulianA
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Sorry for the thread hijack, but what’s Paris like for a veggie? Would I starve?

Go on, you’re on holiday: have a steak!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Cougar if you eat fish there is much more choice (perhaps obvious) – East Side Burger is legendary veggie Burger place

OP definitely book otherwise you’ll have zero chance of anywhere decent. Where are you staying, it’s pointless making a recommendation if you’re miles away the other side of town. I’m living in Paris so will help if you can give some more info. Also an idea of budget.

Have a look at lafourchette (the fork) website / app – has great reductions (although I suspect none on 14th) and lots of customer reviews

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Le Clos Bourgoignon

This is a good recommendation.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Paris for valentines!’ is closed to new replies.