Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Parcel2go + TNT = Useless Idiocy! are there any good courier companies left?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

After booking a collection for 2x boxes on Monday the 13th and being told that the collection would take place of Tuesdays the 14th. I was pleasantly surprised to se a TNT truck coming down my street at 11am on tuesday morning.

So off went I to get the paper work and boxes ready, but my buzzer never went and no one came on tuesday, infact no one came yesterday either. Since one of thier trucks was in my street, why no collection?

I’m now using the online chat facility on parcel2go and have been getting the same

Please wait for an operator to respond.

All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

For 30 mins, could the courier services in this country be any worse and what is the point of taking on orders and saying that the collection will take place at suck and suck a time, when nothing happens.

Does anyone know of a good reliable courier company?

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve used parcel2go (DHL) 8 times now and never had any problems. I even paid for economy and everytime they were delivered next day

geoffj

I’m in the same boat. I (rather stupidly and should have known better) offered to arrange a collection for a parcel of Christmas presents my Mum is sending up for the kids.

I normally use payperparcel, but they said that delivery wasn’t possible. So I used Parcel2Go. The parcel wasn’t collected yesterday, so I’m now getting grief from my mum about not being able to go out, and I can’t get through to Parcel2Go by live chat (sic) or on the dog and bone.

I should have taken the hint from PayPerParcel and binned the whole idea…grrrrrrr

* obviously, this isn’t really an issue in the grand scheme of things.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I used myhermes to deliver a frame, excellent service and price.

jonb
    Free Member

Drop it off at the post office?

Generally better for the receiver too if they, like normal people, work a 9-5 job.

Mister-P
    Free Member

TNT use separate trucks for collection and delivery so the lorry you saw may have been delivering rather than collecting.

woffle
    Free Member

I’ve never had problems with Parcel2Go everytime I’ve used them in the past – both sending and receiving. However, going by the emails I’ve been getting from them they’re still having problems with the weather and I should imagine the world and his wife are trying to use them over Royal Mail given the delays (I’m currently waiting 10+ days on Amazon and Firebox packages all sent via RM)…

kaesae
    Free Member

Just had parcelforce at the door for a collection that was booked on tuesday.

Parcel2go, we don’t have to care, so why should we? 😯

Hahahahahahahahahahaha!

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Couriers struggling with the demand in the last 10 days before Christmas? Well there’s a shocker.

kaesae
    Free Member

The sweet smell of success.

You are now chatting with ‘toni’
    toni: Welcome to Parcel2go.com online. How may I help you today please?
    Kael: hi
    Kael: I arranged a collection that has not taken place?
    Kael: Hello!
    Kael: Let me guess the system is running slowly
    Kael: I’ve been waiting for an hour is there any chance you could help me?
    Kael: Yoo Hoo Toni, are you there!
    toni: Can you give me your order reference number please. It will begin with P2G followed by 7 digits, for example P2G1234567.
    Kael: I have 2 of them p2g********
    Kael: and p2g*********
    Kael: Hello is there anyone there?
    toni: Can you give me a minute or two to look into this for you?
    Kael: OK it’s now 11:15
    toni: I do apologise, TNT have been experiencing some delays in collections, can I schedule this for collection tomorrow
    Kael: OK can you tell me the collection window?
    toni: This is collection between 9am and 5:30pm
    Kael: Great, tomorrowe will be fine
    Kael: can you also tell me why it has taken over an hour to answer this chat
    toni: I do apologise, we are receiving a high number of chats
    Kael: Can’t you just put more staff on?
    toni: Staffing is not the problem
    Kael: What is the problem then?
    toni: As advised, we are receiving a high number of chats and are doing are best to get this problem resolved
    Kael: OK, but most people will not wait an hour, if I need to get in touch if the collection doesn’t take place tomorrow is there an easy way for me to do that?
    Kael: Hello
    toni: You can email, chat or call
    Kael: OK
    Kael: Hopefully the collection will take place tomorrow
    toni: Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Kael: No thanks, Merry Christmas!
    toni: Merry Christmas!
    toni: Many thanks for contacting Parcel2go.com Online. If you do require any further assistance please do not hesitate to come back to us.
    toni: In order for us to continue to improve our services, please take a short moment to tell us about your experience. If you click the small red cross above and then complete 2 or 3 questions I would be very grateful.
    Chat session has been terminated by the site operator

My experience was that your service is shite!

clubby

I don’t think its a problem with Parcel2go, it’s more TNT. I booked a parcel 2 weeks ago with them using Interparcel and waited a week with a number of rebookings and they still never showed. I was sending a snowboard and they were one of the few companies that would carry a parcel that length without charging a fortune. Cancelled the booking and found a local company that’s part of APC. They were great as you can drop off at the depot. Dropped the parcel off at 5pm and it was delivered the following afternoon.
    Won’t be trying TNT again thats for sure.

kevin1911

I’ve used parcelmonkey a few times after getting pee’d off with Parcel2Go. They’re much better IME…every time I’ve used them it’s been DHL that come to pick up. And they’re a bit cheaper than Parcel2Go

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I tried to used parcelmonkey the other week for a parcelforce delivery, but after paying through paypal, their website hung and the order never got processed! Managed to finally get a refund.

So then tired Senditnow, which is basically a parcelfoce company. One price to send any parcel anywhere in the uk, up to 32kg and 3m long. Bargian!
    Got picked up last week in al the snow and ice (my office car-park has a stream running over the top of it, so it’s sheet ice) so the driver walked around the block and carried the bike box back out. Top service. (shame delivery was delayed, apprently due to the “adverse weather” that my local driver had ignored!)

kaesae
    Free Member

Well it’s now 13:17 and I’m waiting for TNT yet again, watched the parcelforce van driving down my street and into my little culdisack earlier.

I really hope that they come and collect these packages, I had one of the people who have bought a frame for thier sons Xmas on the phone earlier. I’ve added in a crank chain device BB and a few other bits.

That said I think the chances are slim, however until they let me down completely I will just have to wait and see, at this time of year I could do without the hassle, but lets face it incompetence is everywhere!

kaesae
    Free Member

Last night as I lay in bed, I thought cancel the collection from parcel2go knowehere and just book with parcelforce, it’s 14:18 and no sign of the collection. On top of that fact I also saw a parcelforce van in my street earlier.

I don’t really feel like waiting in all day, I want a **** holiday!

geoffj

I binned my collection after they failed to collect the second time. I’ve emailed them for a refund and got this email by return.

Thank you for your email.

Service update: 10 December 2010

Dear Customers

We want to apologise for the potential delays that you may be encountering trying to contact our Customer Service team. We would like to say sorry.
    Due to the recent bad weather, many couriers have massive backlogs in their depots even in areas where the weather is back to normal.
    Major supermarkets and retailers turning over billions of pounds that often use the same couriers as ourselves are turning collections/deliveries off/on at very short notice.

Therefore, we are unable to guarantee any collections or deliveries during this time. We can promise to prioritise your collections/deliveries and will work tirelessly to ensure you receive the best possible service available but please be aware that service levels can fluctuate intermittently.

According to recent weather updates there is a possibility that there could be a deterioration in the weather towards the end of the week, we will endeavour to keep you updated of any changes.

Our Customer Service team are continuing to work flat out, working extremely late and over the weekends to try and reply to all contacts, however the levels of contact we are still receiving are exceptionally high. We can assure you that we are working to ensure that we respond to all of your requests. If you have a failed collection with DHL UK or DHL Euro then please be assured these are automatically rebooked at the end of each day and you need not contact us to rebook your collection (you should receive confirmation emails between 21:00 and 23:00 confirming this).

We thank you for your continued business and bearing with us at this exceptional busy and difficult time.

So its all Tesco’s fault – apparently.

smudge
    Free Member

TNT picked them up yet K?

Must admit ive used parcel2go loads but allways with DHL as the carrier and no problems (so far)

foxyrider
    Free Member

TBH I use Royal mail and I have not been let down yet?

mudman3
    Free Member

Another one for Royal Mail. Never let me down.

Coyote
    Free Member

+1 for Post Office. Is it really that hard to get the parcels there?

chalkstorm
    Free Member

I work in ‘transport’ – and have various depots around the UK. I have been affected very badly in certain areas with a build up of up to 7 days deliveries (Edinburgh area). Everyone is working flat out to try and recover the situation but at this time of the year (uber-busy) – with uber bad snow – means every resource is being used – and every man and his dog keeps phoning asking where is my ‘delivery’ – so call centres are stacked…. I’m hoping to get straight by 23rd… fingers crossed.

I don’t think you should judge any delivery companies performance at the moment…. a lot to ask I know! If they screwed it up without the weather issues, then they need shooting! (TNT are a competitor – I don’t work for them!).

geoffj

+1 for Post Office. Is it really that hard to get the parcels there?

Depends. My nearest PO is 5 miles away. Add the time to queue and it takes at least an hour out of my day.
    I value my time more than that.

Sam

I’ve been using parcel2go for the last 18months or so and like them a lot. I’ve done the rounds of previously having had contracts direct with Parcelforce, DHL and TNT. P2G give better pricing and service. For the past few months I’ve had an actual person assigned to me who I can call or email direct and they will do their best to sort any issues.

kaesae
    Free Member

Parcel2go you suck!

Well it’s now after 6 and still no collection, the chances of me getting these packages to the new owners of the frames is dwindling rapidly.

I don’t understand companies that take on orders who know they cannot do the job.

Had I used parcelforce, these items would be well on their way, now I have to yet again use the chat service and it took over an hour yesterday.

I have the cold, my back is killing me and I could be doing without this bullshit just now.

kaesae
    Free Member

Sam – Member
    I’ve been using parcel2go for the last 18months or so and like them a lot. I’ve done the rounds of previously having had contracts direct with Parcelforce, DHL and TNT. P2G give better pricing and service. For the past few months I’ve had an actual person assigned to me who I can call or email direct and they will do their best to sort any issues.

Fine when the service works, but what hapens when it doesn’t, they don’t give a crap.

Had they said yesterday we can’t do the job I would have went elsewhere, now I still have to sort this crap out and also sort out getting through to them and my money back.

Merry xmas parcel2go you utter muppets!

bunnerscj
    Free Member

Check this out – Parcelforce (direct NOT through parcel2go), arranged over WWW, collection of a bike arranged (Express 24) for the next day after booking on line, arrived Brighton at home address 18hrs later.
    Total cost £25.00

Some might say a little expensive but really cant complain about that.!
    Happy xmas 😆

kaesae
    Free Member

Parcelforce have been flying back and forward for the past few days.

Had them at the door yesterday.

Parcel2go however, you can’t even get in touch with them.

Please wait for an operator to respond. We are currently experiencing extremely high volumes of contacts at the moment due to the weather and resultant backlog. Whilst we normally aim to answer your chat within 15 seconds this is currently not possible due to the high volumes of chats we are receiving.

Avoid parcel2go and TNT they will lie through there teeth and don’t give a crap about doing so, everything might be great when the service works, but when it doesn’t, you get to see their true colours.

kaesae
    Free Member

Seems like a lot of people are having problems with this company.

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/transport-automobile-services/parcel2go-com/reviews/1/

http://www.parcel2gosuck.co.uk/#/2008-suckfest/4526441691

Not just the service but also the way they deal with problems!

If you type parcel2go sucks you will get this on google!

If you look at the bottom of the page you will see my little post on STW

http://www.google.co.uk/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=parcel2go+suck&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=&pbx=1&fp=3aa9a8ff7db5d778

This isn’t over parcel2go , I haven’t even started on the blogs yet!

Which reminds me parcel2go suck parcel2go suck parcel2go suck 😀

Liftman

The main guy from Parcel2Go has just been on the ITV news, i didnt quite catch it all but i think at one point he apologised for your missed collection 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Please wait for an operator to respond. We are currently experiencing extremely high volumes of contacts at the moment due to the weather and resultant backlog. Whilst we normally aim to answer your chat within 15 seconds this is currently not possible due to the high volumes of chats we are receiving.

Does anyone reading this really want to deal with this idiotic Parcel2go company they really do suck!

kaesae
    Free Member

Liftman you are now on the HIT LIST, make the most of what little time you have left 8)

People will type parcel to go suck and see this thread. People shouldn’t have to go through this crap, especially at this time of year, the company has a history of incompetence and negligence.

parcel2gosuck.co.uk know who you’re dealing with, check it out!

trout
    Free Member

I Had a brilliant Parcel 2 go experience last week with a light

collected on monday by DHL and delivered in Namibia on the wednseday same week .

kaesae
    Free Member

You are now chatting with ‘Peter’
    Peter: Welcome to Parcel2go.com online. How may I help you today please?
    Kael: hi
    Kael: I have been waiting for a collection yet again and have been stood up?
    Kael: What is the point of taking my money on monday and then wasting my time, why not simply say that you cannot transport the items?
    Kael: Had I not been stupid enough to listen to you people, I would have simply used parcelforce and it would have been there by now?
    Peter: Can you give me your order reference number please. It will begin with P2G followed by 7 digits, for example P2G1234567.
    Kael: Yes I can
    Kael: however I already gave you my order reference number yesterday
    Kael: so before I do can you please explain why it will make any difference when I give it to you today!
    Peter: Without it I do not know where you live, who the courier is, etc.
    Kael: Very well I have 3 reference numbers P2G*******
    Kael: P2G*******
    Kael: Now I have some questions
    Kael: 1) a chat facility that takes 1 hour to answer, are you taking the piss or what?
    Kael: 2) I paid for a 24 hour service, but due to a lack of communication between you and TNT you seem to have no idea about, what you are doing
    Kael: 3) your actively taking orders that you must know you cannot deliver, why is that as well?
    Kael: 4) you have my email address so why not notify me that the collection is not taking place?
    Kael: 5) your email notification has links to a dead end on Google, that crashes my email facility ?
    Peter: I am sorry but using abusive language is not going to get me to answer anything.
    Kael: Having had an hour to wait on your chat function I also managed find http://www.parcel2gosuck.co.uk/
    Kael: your not going to answer anything anyway
    Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

These guys suck, simply avoid them! yes they may deliver a good amount of packages but they also much it up so often, that there are whole websites dedicated to warning people.

I could have been polite and simply told them to give me my money back, however after putting up with them all week I would rather get stuck into them, I will not be using parcel2go again. They suck.

kaesae
    Free Member

Back onto parcel2go to sort this crap out

You are now chatting with ‘Sarah’

Sarah: Welcome to Parcel2go.com online. How may I help you today please?

Kael: Hello

Kael: I ordered some packages collected twice last week and would like my money refunded as the collection never took place

Kael: Hello, is there anyone there?

Sarah: Can you give me your order reference number please. It will begin with P2G followed by 7 digits, for example P2G1234567.

Kael: I have 3

Kael: How long will it take for the payments to be refunded?

Sarah: I can refund to method of payment which can take upto 7 working days or Prepay which can take 24 hours

Kael: I paid via paypal, do you know how long it will take, to get the money back?

Kael: I need the money to pay for the collections from another company?

Sarah: as above 7 working days

Kael: Why exactly will it take 7 working days?

Sarah: As we have a refund Procedure which we have to follow

Kael: So after taking my money and claiming you could provide a service, you will now be keeping my money for 7 days?

Kael: I have been waiting since monday for a collection that has not taken place

Kael: I have rebooked twice

Kael: Now I have to wait a further 7 days just to get my own money back?

Sarah: We are not keeping your money it will be refunded the same as may other companys it can take 7 working days to be refunded

Kael: Upto 7 working days seems a bit excessive, and why are you taking on orders in the first place that you obviously don’t have the ability to deliver?

Kael: Hello!

Kael: Can you just innitiate the refund process?

Sarah: Yes course

Kael: Do I get some kind of confirmation email?

Sarah: Yes you will do shorltyy

Kael: OK, have a merry xmas and a happy new year and seriously consider getting a job with a comapny that don’t suck so much, bye!

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

upto 7 working days for a refund, parcel2go suck!

woffle
    Free Member

to be fair I’m not sure the problems are wholly Parcels2Go fault – we’ve had an email from someone in the know who’s said that basically all the carriers are in meltdown – tracking / scanning is now NOT being done in an attempt to get things out in time and it’s them that are now ignoring delivery promises…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

How about being a little more patient with them and be nice to the person at the end of the phone / chat? I know it’s frustrating, but launching into one of their staff is hardly going to get you what you want

kaesae
    Free Member

To be fair there are whole websites going on about this company, the company is a farce.

Yes you get courier services cheaper, but behind the scenes there is no real structure to the company, so when anything goes wrong, your left in the lurch.

They are poorly organised and their idea of a good service is to scream yeehaa at the top of their lungs and ride of into the sunset with the money!

kaesae
    Free Member

piedi di formaggio – Member
    How about being a little more patient with them and be nice to the person at the end of the phone / chat? I know it’s frustrating, but launching into one of their staff is hardly going to get you what you want

What I want, are my questions answered, I could have used another courier service and the packages would have been there by now.

Instead of that I chose to give my money to these idiots and they mucked me about twice, now I have to wait god only knows how long, to get my money back.

They are incompetent and their company is a farce, that’s said I’m off!

Sam

Fine when the service works, but what hapens when it doesn’t, they don’t give a crap.

I had some failed collections on Thursday, was automatically rebooked for Friday. They called me to apologise Friday afternoon as they wouldn’t be collected and have re-booked them for Monday. They are refunding my costs (not insignificant, 3 to Europe and one UK was around £100) and putting them on a faster service to try and get them there before Christmas. I’d call that pretty good service in what’s got to be a pretty tough time for couriers. Believe me, I’m completely with you on the ‘all couriers are rubbish’ stance, just that I’ve found P2G the best of a bad bunch so far.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

Yes you get courier services cheaper, but behind the scenes there is no real structure to the company, so when anything goes wrong, your left in the lurch

Ie they’re the courier equivalent of an Argos Dual Suspension Disc Equipped MTB. Of course we all ride those to save money , don’t we?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Parcel2go + TNT = Useless Idiocy! are there any good courier companies left?’ is closed to new replies.