• This topic has 47 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by 10.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Pah! to all these music streamers – any iPOD users still about?
  • DezB
    Free Member

I’ve just upgraded mine with an SD card reader – 256GB iPod. Marvellous.
    I’ll tell you how if you want. 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

What’s an ipod? 😕

DezB
    Free Member

It’s what all the hip cool daddios are using these days, man.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i had one of these,

http://www.tarkan.info/20121226/tutorials/ipod-and-sdhc-sdxc-cards

never got round to using it

converted a few to 240Gb with Tosh drives, but they were pretty unreliable, even when buying a new logic board or disassembling a brand new iPod

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve got a 10yr old (long since dead) ipod that lurks at the bottom of the glove box.

i ‘use’ it to, er… remind me not to spend any more money on shiny tat.

(bikes excluded)

fasthaggis

any iPOD users still about?

‘Waves at Dez’

Every day man,every day. 🙂

zilog6128

What’s an ipod?

It’s what you listen to music with when you’ve finished watching videos on your Betamax.

DezB
    Free Member

It’s what you listen to music with when you’ve finished watching videos on your Betamax

Ha! I played music on a vinyl record disc AND a compact cassette (newly purchased, I’ll have you know) yesterday 😛

Yay fasthaggis. Can’t live without mine 🙂

toppers3933
    Free Member

regularly yes. permanently hooked up in my wifes car with all our favourite music and the kids audio books. can’t beat it. battery seems to last forever too.

wwaswas

Does ripping everything onto a USB stick to play int he car count?

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve tried that, but it’s all so anonymous. I likes to see the artwork.

cornholio98
    Free Member

I likes to see the artwork.

I had all the correct artwork then Apple helped me to make it completely random after an update…

I still use mine everyday for a few hours and don’t have to charge more than once a week…

Like a kindle it just does what it is supposed to and does it well…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s what you listen to music with when you’ve finished watching videos on your Betamax.

Surely it’s more “finished watching illegaly torrented films on your rooted PVR box or media PC” (as compared to spotify/netflix)

djambo
    Free Member

yeah man. my 3 month old son rocks his [my old] 2nd gen ipod everyday while he’s getting his nappy changed.

he’s got exceptional taste in music – last night it was Verdi, this morning it was Notorious B.I.G. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

finished watching illegaly torrented films

mikey3
    Free Member

I,m so out of touch I just bought a triple AAA powered mp3 player(for cycle touring batteries all the way).

soma_rich
    Free Member

Is there a guide to doing this? How did you add an SD card reader to an iPod or am I missing an “in joke”?

DezB
    Free Member

Is there a guide to doing this? How did you add an SD card reader to an iPod or am I missing an “in joke”?

ah, now Rich! You have spotted the purpose of this thread 🙂

You buy an adapter from this fellow: http://www.tarkan.info/store
    (the iFlash Bundle)
    Observe a youtube video of how to dismantle your iPod
    Whip out the hdd, swap it for the adapter, with SD card of your choice.
    Plug it in, do restore to factory settings and away 🙂

Freester

Ooooh my pet subject.

Yep I still got my 4th Generation (80Gb) Classic. It lives in my car. Even now I can’t consider anything else to replace it.

I have my entire CD collection on it (I know I know).
    As a lover of dance music / electronica all my mix albums are played gapless but you can still have each track burned separately rather tna one long file (can’t do that with a USB stick – not at least on my car radio).

I really don’t know what I’ll do when the iPod dies.

slowoldman

I still have a classic and an early shuffle.
    Use my iPhone now though.

Kuco

Use iPod in work van everyday. Only 2gb need a bigger one really, also use it in the car as well

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I have a 64gb Touch and a 32gb Touch. Can’t imagine not having them.

DezB
    Free Member

I really don’t know what I’ll do when the iPod dies.

Fix it! As my post above yours 🙂

need a bigger one really
    I only posted cos I was so chuffed how easy it was. Thing weighs half as much now and the battery life will be even better now it’s solid state.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

iPod related anecdote.

Ms ‘spoon works in an office and was recently sent a free ipod touch with a promotional video by an estate agents trying to sell office space. Couldn’t believe they’d dropped in price to the point of being given away!

DezB
    Free Member

I bought a Touch off eBay for £20odd (to stream from my NAS) and told a bloke at work. He opened his drawer where about 10 of the things lay unused! Swine! (Bought for sales staff and not needed)

dirtyrider
    Free Member

He opened his drawer where about 10 of the things lay unused! Swine! (Bought for sales staff and not needed)

i work on a 15 bed male mental health rehab unit, one day someone came up with the bright idea of buying iPod Touches and Headphones for each service user, so they were ordered, and have remained sat in a box somewhere for 2 years at least, as the person ordering didn’t know they had wifi on them and thus internet capability, which is probably not the best thing to give to some people 😆

lunge

I have a more nano from when they replaced the 2nd gen ones due to a fire risk. I use it for 2 things, sitting by the beach once a year when I don’t want to stream or get my phone wet and riding my bike on the very odd occasions I want music. For those we 2 things it is perfect.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Yep. iPod touch is plugged in to speakers and airplay / home sharing for music in the living room, my shuffle for riding / running / walking and a classic in the car.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, bought a new one only last week. It’s for the car, when R2 switches to Elaine Page mode and R4 does yet another replay of the sodding Archers I’m going to turn it on and jiggle my tiny ass off to some dead trendy DeepHouse :
    Cost me £130 it did, and a headphone amp because Apple have turned the output down, so when plugged into the car I had to have the volume up to 11 just to hear it, now, now it’s pumping out tunes dudes.
    8)

Drac

I’ve got one lying around somewhere that was retrieved from my car I got my new car. No idea where it is and no real point as my new car connects easily to my iPhone so I can play what’s on it or download new tunes on the move.

neilthewheel

I found my 1984 Sony Walkman cassette player in a drawer the other day. It still works perfectly. I had a lot of pleasure from that. Mp3 and downloading has just never grabbed me in the same way.

jekkyl

Can you do this making the HD bigger with a nano dezwold b?

DezB
    Free Member

Cost me £130 it did, and a headphone amp because Apple have turned the output down, so when plugged into the car I had to have the volume up to 11 just to hear it, now, now it’s pumping out tunes dudes.

Exactly what I had to do in my Mondeo…its not down to the iPod as I found when I changed to a Passat. No longer need the amp.

No, doesn’t make one for a Nano. Disk’s physical size is prohibitive.
    I’ve got 3 Nanos and 2 classics 😳

eulach

SanDisk Clip + microSD + Rockbox.

bedmaker

Love my ipod.
    I’m expecting some sort of ‘update’ to be sent to ruin it sometime soon though. Seems to be the apple way these days. 😕

Had your device for over two years? Here, have a software update to make it unuseable.

CountZero

I have a 160Gb Classic, and I loaned an 80Gb one to a friend, who I haven’t seen in an age. I must try to get it back and do that mod. It would be even better if it was like the Fiio X5 and had dual card slots; a pair of 512Gb cards would be rather wonderful, once prices drop, which they always do.

Klunk
    Free Member

still got my 60g goes on every walk and a lot of rides been great, turned out to be more substance than style after 10 yrs of faultless operation and still has superb battery life. The silly sleeve thing is worn and tattered by the actual pod looks pristine 😕 .

DezB
    Free Member

512s are still extortionate, i think it’ll be a while before they’re worth going for, I got the 256 from Amazon for £79. Not fully tested it yet but seems good so far.

ourmaninthenorth

Dumb question – are all these modded iPods still run from iTunes?

MrsToast
    Free Member

I had a ropey iPod classic (4th gen), preferred my Shuffles though. I went the way of the streamer though, I now listen to Spotify on my phone. I’ve got a little Samsung Bluetooth clip on thing which is around the same size as a shuffle, I plug the headphones into that and use it to switch tracks on my phone.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Pah! to all these music streamers – any iPOD users still about?’ is closed to new replies.