Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Orange Gyro Owners – question
  • mickeyb0305
    Free Member

Any others noticed tyres marking frame despite not going through full travel?

Going to be contacting dealer/Orange but just wanted to see if this problem has arisen elsewhere.

Cheers
    Mike

beargotsoul

I haven’t had that issue yet but only ridden it on one ride so far, running 2.2 mountain king
    Have also heli-taped the frame.

Have you let all the air out ogre the shox and seen if the tyre hits the frame?

jonk

Yes – i have a rub and my shock has a volume spacer – i am running a hans dampf on the rear though!

Orange said – don’t run a tyre that big!

mickeyb0305
    Free Member

Jonk – similar to me but mine is worse. Running same tyre as you, but think it did it with smaller tyre before just much worse now.

Bregante

Out of interest gents what size frames are you running? 😕

Just about to build one up later this week(running 2.3 purgatory on the rear)

mickeyb0305
    Free Member

Large – weigh 75-80kg so not a lardy.

roverpig

I think 2.2 is the largest you are supposed to run on the rear of the current Gyro. Presumably they’ll use the forward shifted seat tube (from the Five and Five29) on the next iteration, to give a bit more clearance and hopefully to shorten those chainstays a bit. That’s just guesswork though.

modkat2000

I am running a Mountain King II 2.2 tyre (the folding variety rather than the standard wire) and haven’t had any problems with clearance. I ran a Specialized Ground Control 2.2 for one ride and , again, that was fine.

I have a size large frame and maybe weigh 80kg with my bike gear on.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

Large frame, no a porker running 2.4 Ardent on the back with no noticeable problems, don’t run the shock super plush though.

davo
    Free Member

I have a extra large gyro and use a lot of different tyres, never had that problem, plus I’m fat 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Orange Gyro Owners – question’ is closed to new replies.