Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Online order dropped off in person?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

So you order something from an online store. The store owner lives fairly nearby you, so he drives over and posts it through the letter box.

Little odd, or happy to get it a day earlier?

wwaswas

result I’d say.

what’s not to like?

creamegg
    Free Member

and whats the issue?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Top customer service that..

z1ppy

bloody excellent service I’d say… name and shame (or bask in glory in this case)

camo16
    Free Member

The guy’s obviously got it in for you. 😉

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve hand-delivered stuff in the past. Some local, some hundreds of miles away if I happened to be going that way. I can’t recall anyone ever thinking it was somehow “strange”

dabble
    Free Member

theres no pleasing some folk.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Not remotely odd. Once upon a time we all bought things from real people and got to meet them face-to-face too 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d ask for cost of postage back if you paid. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Duane – you’re going to have to post on here regularly for the next couple of weeks or I’ll be worried that you’ve been turned into a rather nice onesie.

donsimon
    Free Member

Is he still parked outside? 8)

We had some lost property on a bus once with the owners name and address in it.
    One of the service crew dropped it off on his way in to work the next day.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Only odd if he knew where you lived before you filled in the form online.

Duane…
    Free Member

Haha, if you must know, I dropped off an order from http://www.HeliTape.co.uk to someone that lived near me, and was just curious if it would seem odd or not 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

I’d prefer it if the service crew didn’t come round..

Yeah I often drop off things I sell on here/ebay etc. Also returned wallets etc, its just easier and an excuse for a ride.

camo16
    Free Member

Haha, if you must know, I dropped off an order from http://www.HeliTape.co.uk to someone that lived near me, and was just curious if it would seem odd or not

Be honest. Are you still parked outside? 😀

Duane…
    Free Member

That would be telling now wouldn’t it 😛

Cougar

I’d ask for cost of postage back if you paid

OH ebayed a bunch of stuff recently, and I posted it all. One of them, coincidentally, was in my home town, so I hand delivered it. It was a bit out of my way, but I figured it was a random act of kindness in that they’d get their order a few days early.

Stupid trout kicked off that she’d paid for postage and we hadn’t posted it. Which really peed me off as:

1) she’d got what she paid for at a price she’d agreed to pay

2) P&P costs include packing, handling etc, it’s not just the stamp

3) in car running costs, it probably cost me more overall than if I’d just stuck it in the post

4) I took half an hour out of my lunchtime to post it

Conclusion, the world is full of ungrateful arseholes and it’s second-class pigeon post for all from now on.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tru dat.

@Cougar

Some people really are arseholes. (myself included, obviously)

camo16
    Free Member

Cougar, if you’d just given them a stamp with the delivery you’d have saved yourself a world of pain. In my experience, arseholes like stamps. 😐

Duane…
    Free Member

I’d ask for cost of postage back if you paid.

Postage is free 😛

legend
    Free Member

Now, joking aside, how would you feel if Kasae (sp?) was the person at your door?!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Be honest. Are you still parked outside?

Be honest. Did your victim actually order anything from you?

DrP

Are they now wrapped and gagged in said Helitape?

DrP

camo16
    Free Member

And (just out of professional curiosity, you understand), which length did you go for?

Currently available in either lengths of 2″ (5cm) wide tape, ideal smaller cable rub patches or narrow sections, or lengths of 6″ (15cm) wide tape, for coverage of larger sections.

donsimon
    Free Member

Now, joking aside, how would you feel if Kasae (sp?) was the person at your door?!

I’d feel perfectly happy, having had dealings with him off forum I have to say he’s a thoroughly decent egg.

Duane…
    Free Member

Camo – I don’t choose 😛

stgeorge

We run an online shop and someone in the next street ordered on line and we saw the address, picked and packed the order and hand delivered it in under 30 minutes, really freaked her out as she hadn’t realised we were that close!

sbodle
    Free Member

Ordered something online before Christmas. Turned out they were passing by and dropped item off to me and insisted I have the p&p back!

surfer
    Free Member

@cougar

Next time drive to her home then post one of those cards saying “sorry we missed you” along with the address of the nearest courier depot 10 miles away that she needs to get too in the next couple of days.

That’ll learn her!

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Why would anyone think that’s an odd thing to do?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

When I ran my web shop one of my first orders was a guy from a few streets away. I was the other end of the country buy my Mrs dropped it off with a P&P refund (it was chargeable at checkout).

Freaked him out a bit but he was happy. Was about 7 years ago and we still ride together. Didn’t have to park outside his house or anything…

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I’d be worried about my personal security

I mean, you don’t want all sorts of people knowing your address and where you live, do you?

Therefore, I’d rather they posted it.

Duane…
    Free Member

I mean, you don’t want all sorts of people knowing your address and where you live, do you?

But the seller is going to know your address if he’s shipping it to you anyway?

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Hook, Line, Sinker… 😆

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Cougar – if you didn’t advertise it could be collected/delivered, its always easier to stick with postage. I had a right pain trying to arrange collection of a bike I’d sold to someone 20 miles away. I even offered to drop it off at their door, for free. In the end they paid £20 for Parcelforce to take it, presumably they’d have had to drive to the depot to pick it up if no-one was in. Weirdos.

Cougar

I revise my original conclusion.

People are idiots.

Duane…
    Free Member

Hook, Line, Sinker..

Doh! 😀

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Online order dropped off in person?’ is closed to new replies.