• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ton.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • online grocery shopping…….who is good.
  • ton

got to the stage where i would rather not have to go in a supermarket ever again.
    gonna try online grocery shopping.
    who is good, who would you recommend.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Arrived at the same conclusion as you a few months back ton. Have been using Ocado for our weekly shop. Seems to be working well and helps avoid those impulse bogof buys. Their own label stuff is quite reasonably priced and not been disappointed with the quality so far.

Jamie
    Free Member

I used to use Tesco quite a bit. Main reason was the decent website and mobile offerings. Something which Sainsburys, my usual shop, absolutely sucks donkey balls at.

Usually £10 off £50 codes floating about as well for new customers.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/vouchers/tesco.com

Del

tried a while back – sainsbobs and witrose. both ok unless you want decent fruit or veg, in which case they were equally 5hit. ( by decent i mean of reasonable quality that you would pick up yourself, as opposed to bruised, battered, and very under or over-ripe )

GW
    Free Member

Do you have an organic fruit/veg supplier that will deliver? pretty much any old supermarket would do for the rest of a weekly shop surely?

Kuco

Ocado have been pretty good the times i’ve used them.

scaredypants

wot they said – sains & ocado used here (mostly the big S)

great except for the fresh fruit & veg

you can spot the special offers ded easy too – I reckon I “save” 15% plus on most deliveries

Never had any problems with Tesco fruit & veg. The website saves everything from your previous few orders too to make the next shop easier. You get vouchers that you can receive online too – had about £80’s worth not long ago and used some of them to purchase Alton Towers tickets, which were reduced online with Tesco anyway. Hardly ever go to a supermarket.

Militant_biker

Was very happy with Tesco through the years I used them.

Never had a problem with fruit and vegetables, neither did other people locally – maybe we were lucky with our Tesco shoppers. Never had a problem with substitutions either, even before they changed their rules to ‘if we substitute a more expensive item, we charge you for the cheaper one you asked for’.

Only issue we did have was meat. Where we chose from a weight range, they nearly always sent a much heavier one, so it was a case of choosing a smaller one to pre-empt that, (it occasionally backfired).

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Ocado did well the other day with my Christmas beer delivery.

Sadly I was way too organised by ordering early December and I may run out before Christmas and have to try them again.

solarider
    Free Member

Thumbs up for Waitrose. Good price, good service.

Huge thumbs down for Ocado. Not so much for their quality. One of their drivers intentionally drove into my car causing £4k worth of damage. The drver denied it, the onboard video mysteriously disappeared, and even the MD of Ocado (it got that far!) basically accused me of lying and believed their driver over me despite lining both vehicles up and the damage matching marks on their vehicle.

Fortunately this happened in London. Being London, despite how busy it is, there were no witnesses apart from apparently another Ocado driver who was nowhere nearby! Being London however, the incident was caught on CCTV. Upon production of the video after a lot of chasing on my part the driver’s guilt was proven and I got a bank transfer to cover the damage the following day.

I know that every company has its bad apples, but the way that they closed ranks and dealt so badly with me left a deep seated resent that I cannot shift. It is now my mission to deter any Ocado business that I can.

So, PLEASE don’t use Ocado!!,!,

Jamie
    Free Member

Solarider seems to rate Ocado. I would go with them.

ton

ordered with tesco…10am delivery tomorrow.
    hope it is a good move, quite nice sat grocery shopping while having a cuppa….. 😀

lucien

Ocado a good experience but need to buy wisely IMHO, as some things much more expensive. Stick to their own brand stuff, including fresh fruit and veg and generally pretty good. Just keep an eye on the prices for branded stuff

totalshell

not a good time for online novices.. store availability is at its lowest in these next two weeks store have real 24hr traffic interrupting picking so what you get will not be the best..

solarider
    Free Member

Did I mention my hatred of Ocado?

NikNak7890
    Free Member

We’ve been using Ocado for 2 years now, and would be hard pushed to go back to doing a full shop in the Sainsburys just around the corner.
    We’ve only ever had 2 (15 minute) late deliveries, but that’s been countered by a number of early deliveries; each time with a phonecall from the driver apologising for each.

Ocado all the way for us!

matthewjb
    Free Member

Used Tescos a few times but after being let down seemingly every other week I would avoid them. You would think a large company like Tescos would have more than one van but theirs kept breaking and we couldn’t have our shopping.

Now use Sainsburys. Reliable. £10 refund if they deliver outside of their 1 hour slot. The store manager even delivered the order in her car once when their van broke.

The only issue with online shopping is sometimes the substitutes are a little unusual. And also items can be close to their use by date.

Our veg is delivered by a local supplier.

jonba
    Free Member

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk

lets you compare prices across all major retailers and gives you discounts.

We generally use sainsbury’s and they have been very good.

ton

tesco delivered at 10am on the dot.
    only downside was that i had one bruised apple………… 😆

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘online grocery shopping…….who is good.’ is closed to new replies.