Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • One for the (Scandinavian) TV addicts …
  • cinnamon_girl

American version of The Killing (series 2) returns on Wednesday 2nd May on Channel 4 at 10.00 pm.

What a couch potato I’m becoming! 🙄

TrevorB

Thanks for the heads-up.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

Did anyone catch ‘The Bridge’ on BBC4 last weekend? Worth checking out on iPlayer (yay or nay?)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Philby

Thought the Bridge was excellent. Also just seen the Scandinavian film Headhunters which was also enjoyable.

Didn’t see the first series of the American Killing – how does it match up to the Danish version?

DrJ

Been ploughing through The Bridge on DVD – really good. Very atmospheric!!

nbt

Cheers CG, been waiting for that. Might havwe to catch up on The Bridge too

cinnamon_girl

Didn’t see the first series of the American Killing – how does it match up to the Danish version?

Well, considering that both the American version and the repeated Danish version were being shown on the same day, I was well and truly hooked on both!

The American version was very much in the spirit of the original cue dark rainy locations. It wasn’t ‘overacted’ or ‘over-dramatised’ so I was pleasantly surprised. Definitely will watch the second American series.

Perhaps these gems will give BBC/ITV a much needed kick, ie less crap reality TV and more good quality drama.

Bunnyhop

Looking forward to that.

cinnamon_girl

Wee reminder:

Tonight on Channel 4 at 10.00 pm

8)

cinnamon_girl

I’m not ‘getting it’. 🙁

Anyone else?

stever
    Free Member

Did you spot the real Sarah Lund in the US version last night? I’m a bit lost in this one TBH. The Bridge remains absolutely top notch. Apparently we’re seeing pretty much the entire output, not just the best. They only have the budget for about one big series a year and don’t really make duds.

zippykona

Would the man have really played away after a vasectomy and a monumental kick in the crotch?
    Best thing on telly by a mile though.

scratch
    Free Member

Really like The Bridge at the ‘mo,
    I think I’d put above first series killing, maybe…

Wire’s still top mind

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘One for the (Scandinavian) TV addicts …’ is closed to new replies.