Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 273 total)
  • Olympic TT Thread! – Spoilers within!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Teeny Tiny Emma P is through the 9km time check fastest, only to be pipped by Kirsten Armstrong….

ocrider

Check out dem thrones!
    The girls are in serious need of flat peaked caps and cans of Monster!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Arndt still drafting Vos’ car or has she overtaken her yet?

Andy

Bloody BBC internet is still showing Horsey dancing…. 😡

ocrider

Pooley 2nd, but 30 secs back. Not looking good.

Btw Andy, I’m watching bbc stream without horseys here.

mrben100
    Free Member

Just caught a glimpse of the thrones…I need knew my lounge at home was missing something 8)

chomp
    Free Member

andy – you do know you can watch any sport you want on the bbc website?

click on sports and then select the one you want to watch

mrben100
    Free Member

Are there even any horses on today?

unklehomered
    Free Member

Armstrong takes gold, quite decisively, Pooley ends in 5th or 6th, not sure

Andy

Accessing at work so a pretty rubbish connection – oh well back to work now…

ocrider

Just caught a glimpse of the thrones…I need knew my lounge at home was missing something

Borrowed from Ashley Cole’s dining room

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Well, no great surprises there….

Now, on to the Men’s race…!

Wiggo, Martin, Spartacus or Froome?*

PLACE BETS NOW!

* – Or, who’s the dark horse?

RealMan
    Free Member

* – Or, who’s the dark horse?

Duh?

davidjey
    Free Member

Tech question: what’s the rules on bikes for the Olympic TT?

Judging from the photos here with Wiggo practising (assuming that’s the setup he’ll be riding today of course) on a relatively conservative bike (normal albeit high-end road race frame, no hidden front brake or particularly aero bike profile) I’d assumed rules were fairly restrictive. But then others in that gallery are on more or less out-and-out TT bikes. Are you allowed just one bike for the road race and TT (meaning TT only competitors can ride whatever they like) or something? Thats the only reason I can think of for the discrepancy.

Oh and heart and head say Wiggo for gold but a close run thing with Spartacus. Froome vs Martin vs Phinney for bronze – heart says Froome, head says wide open.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Nibbles?

I reckon Wiggo to do well (hopefully very well) with Froome much closer than he was at the tour as he bailed from the road race early (unlike Wiggo who looked broken) and did more work on the tour.

As for the bike, it’s anything UCI aproved, and the UKsport bikes are supposedly as aero as a TT bike and stiff enough for road raceing so they just get a swap of wheels and handlebars. The reason they look different is the UCI specify a 3:1 ratio for aerofoil profile tubeing. Which means either very small sections (not stiff) or poor aerodynamics. The latest designs use a virtual aerofoil that looks like a normal one with the rear third chopped off. The theory is that the turbulance fills the void where the aerofoil should be so the tubes can be closer to being as stiff as possible whilst being just as aero as a full aerofoil. Where it’s really benificial is in a crosswind as the ‘tail’ of the aerofoil is always pointing downwind, so the harder the wind blows, the more the aerofoil generates lift in the opposite direction keeping the bike stable. The other place this has become important is wheels, where they used to taper down to the spokes they’re now almsot as round as the tyre profile on the inside as 50% of the time this is what faces foreward, and the old designs therefore had the front half od the wheel acting like a sail and the rear stalled which is why they handled badly in crosswinds.

cynic-al
    Free Member

david jey – Member
    Judging from the photos here with Wiggo practising (assuming that’s the setup he’ll be riding today of course) on a relatively conservative bike

eh?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Wiggo to podium [ uses again just for flashy]

Froome to not

Spartacus, wiggo and martin
    I dont know what order but that is my guess

Hope wiggo gets Gold but not that likely ..but I would love it if he did

cp

eh?

+1 !!!

rkk01
    Free Member

He’ll need to ditch those ^^ overshoes…

davidjey
    Free Member

Sorry, by bike I mean frame really, obviously he’s using a TT cockpit and wheels. But compare the above to his TDF TT bike. He’s riding a much less TT-geared frame, appears to be the same frame as he used in the road race.

I did say relatively conservative setup, ie by the bonkers space age standards of modern TT bikes…..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jack Bauer to take 24 hours to complete it
    Then he does it all over again etc

IGMC

Shibboleth
    Free Member

It’s one of the UK Sports Institute bikes. Same as those used on the track but obviously modified to run gears…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I did say relatively conservative setup, ie by the bonkers space age standards of modern TT bikes…..

See my desription up there “bonkers space age” looks good in a showroom, and might work on a track with no crosswind, but in the real world Wiggo’s bike is miles ahead.

davidjey
    Free Member

Sorry TINAS, crossed posts with you. Thanks for the info. Interesting that they have enough faith to use one frame ‘do it all’ frame for road and TT, especially as Wiggo seems to be a stickler for every last detail/Brailsford’s ‘marginal gains’ philosophy.

finbar
    Free Member

Yep, the Graal’s got fancy stickers and stupid molded bits, but none of those are actually going to make it any more aero.

teamslug
    Free Member

Has anyone tried to do the countdown from 5 with your hand. Thumb first then little finger then ring finger etc. My old arthritic hands wont let me bend my little finger or 3rd on there own.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ok..

Wiggo
    Fabulous Candellabra
    LL Sanchez (bit of a wild(ish) card that one
    Frome

allthepies
    Free Member

The official live tracking site is complete pony!

bigdawg
    Free Member

thats interesting race radios are aloud in this one…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

BBC coverage is good.

Trust they’ve not seen this though:

POC Sports Tempor TT Helmet Spotted, Debuts in Olympic Time Trial

about the POC helmet worn by the Swedish team

simonralli2
    Free Member

Does anyone know a good feed or link to watch this on the net, or failing that text link? They are not showing it here in Brazil.

donsimon
    Free Member
    MrWoppit
    Free Member

The Rider from Khazakstan at the start crossed himself twice. After about 50 yards, his water bottle fell off the bike…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

edit to my above posting, Froome is on a pinnarello?

And Sanchez is out of contention.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Froome looked a bit cautious starting out there…

alpin
    Free Member

vipbox.tv

click on olympic games section.

i’ve got the BBC feed here in Germany

druidh
    Free Member

bigdawg – Member
    thats interesting race radios are aloud in this one…

Just as well, otherwise they wouldn’t be able to hear them.

bigjim

some kind of licve results feed would be nice if anyone can recommend one, to save me watching it on my screen in t’office

druidh
    Free Member

Bet that was a SRAM chain….

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Snap…crackle…Sanchez… 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 273 total)

The topic ‘Olympic TT Thread! – Spoilers within!’ is closed to new replies.