Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Olympic Tickets – any info on ticket banding and quality?
  • convert

We are sat here thinking about entering the lottery for Olympic tickets before the deadline tomorrow – seems a daft, daft system. If you just want to go to one session of a sport and are flexible about which one you can’t ask for that. You either have to bid for one and hope it’s not the same one as everyone else or go for all of them and possibly end up committed to £2k worth of tickets.

Of the venue events we’re considering the swimming and maybe a session at the athletics. Also want to watch mtb, road cycling, open water swimming and triathlon.

To the question….
    Has anyone found any info on what where on the price tier constitutes a “normal” seat at the venues? Take the swimming for example – an evening session seat costs £50,£95, £185, £295 or an eye watering £450. There is no info I can find that tells me what I get for spending 9 times as much. Are the cheapest just the last few behind pillars or so high in the gods that you can’t tell if it’s a bloke or birds race? If you just wanted a “normal” seat where you can actually see stuff but not so close you could get oral relief from the competitors do you think you have to go for at least a mid ranged ticket?

I want to go because it would be sad to live 1hr 1/2 from the Olympics for the only time in a lifetime and not go, but I’m loathed to lash out a month’s mortgage especially if not needed.

convert

Maybe the morning shift know about the Olympics…..

richmars

The only info I can find is on the pdf you can download by clicking on the event list here.

For example,for the MTB, it just says A and B are standing areas (doesn’t say where). There’s a bit more info for some of the other sports.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Tickets – any info on ticket banding and quality?’ is closed to new replies.