Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Old VHS and music tapes
  • Mounty_73

What can be done with the old VHS and music tapes, I have so many and they need to go…

I dont really want to send them to landfill if something else can be done with them….recyling is not that simple…..or is it ?

Any suggestions ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Christmas decorations.

Kuco

Give them to a couple of kids to play with and once they have pulled all the tape out recycle the plastic 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Or – for audio tapes, assuming you have access to an old player – you could extract all the tape and splice it together or overlay it somehow in weird ways and then make some krrrazy noises.

flyingmonkeycorps

Try Freecycle? You’d be amazed what people will take off you…

can-uk
    Free Member

get a sailboat?

I use strips of cassette tape as wind indicators on mine.

billyboulders
    Free Member

Unravel all the tape and leave it strewn alongside the road, make all of us drivers of a certain age go misty eyed with nostalgia at how driving was in our youth 😉 (especially effective the entire reel is caught in a hedge fluttering in the breeze and reflecting the spring sunshine in a shiny brown way……)

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes. I used to see dozens of tapes along the roadside whilst cycling.. now it’s all CDs.

I expect there’ll be iPods soon, or spent iTunes vouchers.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Charidee shop em. Thats what I did. Age Concern in Halifax got all mine… Bond box set and everyting!

McHamish
    Free Member

Charidee shop em. Thats what I did. Age Concern in Halifax got all mine… Bond box set and everyting!

My wife took her old Friends box sets to a charity shop…they told her they’ll just throw them out as no one would buy them.

Squidlord
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat as the OP. Could I just stick them in the plastics recycling, or is this bad?

Mounty_73

I have asked a few charity shops, they wont take them.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Anyone had luck converting them to a hard drive or dvd?

Trimix
    Free Member

Worthless, bin them.

You will waste more energy driving to a charity shop who wont be able to sell them anyway. Just look on ebay and you will see how worthless they are.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

All the charity shops in my village have notices up saying they no longer take VHS tapes.

Trimix
    Free Member

It will be CD’s next – sell them all now while they are still worth some pennys.

molgrips
    Free Member

Remove the spools of tape, then attach to a dowel and cycle off down your road. Video it and post it here for our pleasure.

Or line them up and fire a bullet through the stack, filming it in high speed like they did in Police Squad.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Old VHS and music tapes’ is closed to new replies.