Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Oh poop – our dog has acquired a…
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

… liking for James Wellbeloved ‘white fish’ dog food –
    Bad because:
    1) £50 a bag
    2) It is pretty stinky

Good because:
    1) Solid poo’s
    2) It’s super unleaded for our pocket rocket working cocker!

Tried a few cheaper types but no go.

davidrussell
    Free Member

our 2 year old CKCS loves this stuff but i wholeheartedly agree the “silent but violent” ratio has increased since he’s been on it. i can’t even blame him for my air biscuits any more because his are so uniquely acrid you know them a mile off..

TiRed

Our non-working cocker eats anything (including cucumber). However JW Brown rice and fish is always a winner. Don’t underestimate the value of 1).

Del

dog or bitch?
    ‘intact’ or not?
    my spaniel was a right fussy cowbag when she was a nipper, but after the box came out she eats pretty much everything in her path…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Oh dear, our CKCS has a bag of this up next. I think it was on a 3 for 2 offer at Pets at Home.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Tried a few cheaper types but no go.

It’s a dog. If it’s hungry enough, it’ll eat whatever you give it.

skywalker
    Free Member

Cheaper here with free delivery, thats where we get ours.

Or 15kg + 3kg free for lamb and rice. .

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

unless its ill…

but othat than that

THIS!

khani
    Free Member

Great stuff, 😀 bit pricy I agree but it’s dog polish in a bag.. The biggest mistake is not weighing it out for the size of your dog, if you do it lasts ages,

willard

Protein does that… I had to move my working Springer off the higher protein foods when he stopped growing because of the farts. Chudleys Original does the job now, but puppies need protein.

Mind you, his wind is still good when he has leftover tinned food from our working cocker. He doesn’t even look guilty after clearing a room. So proud….

mrblobby
    Free Member

He doesn’t even look guilty after clearing a room. So proud….

Ours is much the same, his expression doesn’t even change. Not even a smirk!

davidrussell
    Free Member

He doesn’t even look guilty after clearing a room. So proud….

ours normally drops a batch when exerting himself such as jumping up to cuddle in on the couch (spoilt dog) and then gives you an accusatory stare as if to say “you’re honking”

sharkbait
    Free Member

The biggest mistake is not weighing it out for the size of your dog, if you do it lasts ages

Good point…. I will weigh it later.

dan1980
    Free Member

Handy tip…

Get a plastic pint glass or somesuch. Weigh out the required amount of food into the glass and draw a line at the level of the food.

In future just fill up to the line and don’t faff about weighing it out.

SiB
    Free Member

Used JWB when we had just one dog (spanish water dog) but since getting another (springer) they have changed to Dr Johns…….£9.49 for the big 15kg bag. No complaints at all from either of them, no wind, solid poo, nice!!

richc
    Free Member

Not strictly true, if it really really doesn’t like it, it will track down every bin/rotting animal/shit he can find to supplement its diet.

Mine really doesn’t like the James Wellbeloved large kibble (and he eats anything) so will actually refuse to eat it and then promptly goes outside and flings the recycling box around until I either catch him or he breaks it. He’s even been know to knock over wheelie bins, if he’s hungry enough.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

James Wellbeloved fan here too. But also, a tiny dog, so the price of feeding her is pretty negligible. 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

a forty kilo dobermann gets through a 15Kg bag a month.

i buy online paying £70 for two bags delivered.

solid poop, small free gas-du-derriere, loves it, winner.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I feed my 2 Burns dry food usually the lamb version.

Tried the fish based one once, for some reason it made 1 of them stink of fish. He smelt like an old fish box, not only when he farted, but all of the time! It was not nice. The other one was fine.

soobalias
    Free Member

i used to feed pigs ears as treats, but genetically too close to human to be safe nowadays.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Breed names don’t get capitalised.

So it’s ‘my sensitive border collie’, or ‘my mad-as-a-box-of-frogs springer spaniel’, for example.

I think.

As you were…

Sandwich

Beware, since pedigree or mars acquired JW cereal (barley) has been added to the formula in the paper bagged stuff. The foil wrapped veg stuff is without barley (yet). Try Orijen for really expensive food. Dog loves the stuff.

willard

Dorset_Knob – Member
    Breed names don’t get capitalised.

Wikipedia begs to differ… At least for English Springer Spaniels

marsdenman
    Free Member

Ted the border terrier is on Burns, with a touch of Natures Diet soft stuff mixed in….
    Also bough in bulk from GW Titmuss – and he loves the little soft toy they include – canine version of haribo in an MTB parts delivery 🙂

Edit – as above, his botty coughs, rare though they are, are such that no-one else can possibly be blamed for them – he’s even been known to fart, catch a sniff and look at me with an accusing eye!

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Wikipedia begs to differ…

Ah, but The Oxford Guide to Style begs to differ with ‘Wikipedia’.

In fact, national or local affiliations should be capitalised, but not breed names:

English springer spaniel
    Border collie
    Afghan hound

but just

‘collie’ and ‘spaniel’ otherwise.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

We’re on Arden Grange in this house, mostly dry mixed in with a bit of wet.

This produces a well-formed poo to be proud of.

benz
    Free Member

Orijen – our hound loves the stuff – but she is only little so does not consume a huge amount.

Coat noticeably better than when we ran out once and had to substitute for whatever the local shop had.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Oh poop – our dog has acquired a…’ is closed to new replies.