Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Oakley Jawbone cheapest and safest place to buy
  • tomglass20
    Free Member

Hi

as simple as the title would like a pair of jawbones, don’t want to get stitched up with a fake pair and would like to reign the cost in as much as possible.

cheers for the help

Tom

crikey
    Free Member

You either pay full whack Oakley cost, or buy fake.

You might get some at an outlet store, but essentially its as above.
    I have both.

tomglass20
    Free Member

where can i buy a good fake ?

frogstomp

Eyewear Outlet are a real store – they have a shop in Gun Wharf, Portsmouth.

crikey
    Free Member

I’ve got 100% real Oakley Jawbones and a pair of fakes from a well meaning daughter.

She got them from ebay, from a chinese chap.

The lenses are streets apart in quality; the Oakleys are like looking through clean clear glass; no distortion, little colouration. The fakes are like looking through cheap sunglasses.

The frames are hard to tell apart.

stevede
    Free Member

Deal extreme do the fake ones- you could do what I’ve done and buy some genuine lenses as they fit in the fake ones.

batman11
    Free Member

Hi buddy you could look up jamesandjames
    Pricing seems good but unsure on delivery times etc.
    Bats.

DT78
    Free Member

Do the real lense definitely fit fake frames? I’m half tempted as I fancy a different colour frame to my current (real) black ones.

stevede
    Free Member

100% sure they fit, I’ve got 2 sets of the fakes off dx and a set of genuine clear lenses that fit perfectly.

cp

the fake ones (which I didn’t realise were Oakley copies at the time) I got from dealextreme are crap. The lenses distort REALLY badly – and the lenses with the ‘gold’ shiny coating just look weird when looking through – you see allsorts of different colours in gradation from one side of the lens to the other – just weird.

And then they don’t sit square on my face – the frame is distorted (nothing is broken or bent, they just aren’t made straight), so one lens sits higher on my face than the other…

eyewearoutlet for legit cheap ones when they have them.

crikey
    Free Member

And then they don’t sit square on my face

Have you got a funny shaped head?

stevede
    Free Member

CP – your complaining about the quality of lenses on a £12 pair of fake oakleys that come with 3 sets of lenses, a case, spare nose pieces, a glasses bag and lens cloth? Surely you weren’t expecting quality lenses, the only one I even bothered trying was the yellow which wasn’t too bad but scratch quite easily, I bought for the frames which have been spot on with both sets and both of my mates sets. A set of genuine Oakley clear vented lenses and the option of 2 different frames for about £50 ain’t a bad buy IMO.

daveb
    Free Member

12% off at wiggle ifyou are a platinum user and an extra fiver off of you subscribe to the newsletter

mullers68
    Free Member

I got my custom pair from sunglassesshop.com, they give you 10% off first order but have had up to 20% off vouchers lately.
    They came the same week and you can use quidco for another 10% cashback.
    They have a shop in Southend which is were I tried a pair on before I ordered online but they did offer to match the 10% online offer but I wanted to use the quidco cashback too.

cp

stevede – Aldi & Lidl manage it much better, but for just £4 🙂

The lenses I can deal with (mainly buy not using the gold reflective ones), but the fact the frames are distorted makes them unusable.

Just a heads up that that even going cheap and upgrading the lenses might not work…

clubber
    Free Member

I found these guys cheap (relatively!) and fast and obviously, most importantly, genuine.

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk

There’s quidco cashback too.

4ags4
    Free Member

If you’re anywhere near York have a look in the Oakley outlet store at McarthurGlen shopping. They had 10 percent off already low ticket prices the other week. Got some photochromic radars for £120. Had plenty of Jawbones in also.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

+1 for Eyewear outlet. Genuine, cheap, quick delivery.

nick3216
    Free Member

tomglass20 – Member
    where can i buy a good fake ?

-1 for condoning counterfeits, even implicitly

Thomson Demonstrates Why You Should Watch Out for Counterfeit Parts

reedspeed
    Free Member

Fake or gen break just the same in a crash! ,& to ge fair ive got oth,& yeah you can tell,however on the bike i aint bothered as you lose em or breakem the same when yah crash in em,so….

Amos
    Free Member

YGM

Solo
    Free Member

I’ve used these.

Quick and genuine.

http://www.sunglasses-on-line.co.uk/

strawb3110
    Free Member

RX Sport are genuine and pretty competitive on price. Fast shipping also.

warton
    Free Member

You either pay full whack Oakley cost, or buy fake.

or you have a friends wife who works for the european distributors. My last pair of split jackets cost me 51 quid. just saying 😀

Gary_M
    Free Member

My last pair of jawbones cost £60 from eyewear outlet, just saying.

Oakley put a lot of money into lots of sports, don’t rob them by buying fakes. There are lots of cheap sunglasses about so there’s no need to support a company selling fakes.

pjt201
    Free Member

DT78 – Member
    Do the real lense definitely fit fake frames? I’m half tempted as I fancy a different colour frame to my current (real) black ones.

I’ll swap your black frames for some infra red ones if you’re looking for more colour!

They’re the red ones on this page http://uk.oakley.com/store/products/men/sunglasses/photochromic

aphex_2k
    Free Member

they had jawbones at the gadget show live for 60 or 70 quid.

ash.addy
    Free Member

Anyone know if these guys are genuine or not? Could look interesting

Link

chrisdw
    Free Member

I’m going to go with; No

cp

Seriously? With an intro at the top of their first page like this:

Oakley Jawbone series is very strong and cool with its human and stylish appearance. Our online shopping Oakley UK store owns many other different kinds of Oakley Outlet sunglasses for chosen now, and all the sunglasses are cheap now. You can come and have a look, if you have something interesting, you just can order from our Cheap Oakley Sunglasses site. The lowest price and the fast shipping speed, it is very worthy for you to buy from our store.

Looks like exactly the same deal as that ‘Canadian’ site the other day where magically some ‘happy customers’ coke and post on the thread….

cakeeater
    Free Member
Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Jawbone cheapest and safest place to buy’ is closed to new replies.