Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • not good… hit and run
  • konadad
    Free Member
    wallop

I live in Bristol. That made my blood run cold.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Shit the bed. Nasty news.

Markie
    Free Member

Horrific.

project
    Free Member

The local media say the driver may have deliberately targeted people.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Reports-cyclists-dead-hit-run-Hanham/story-17978337-detail/story.html

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Awful and they suspect it was done deliberately 😯 mad bastard.

project
    Free Member

itv reporting police know who they are looking for.

boxfish
    Free Member

It’s dangerous enough on the streets here without craziness like that. Poor families, what they must be going through right now.

Houns

Same bike?!

I really really hope it’s not anotherdeadhero from here 🙁

glupton1976
    Free Member

Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach that does.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I guess if he abandoned his car then there’s plenty of leads to find the culprit.

wallop

My initial thought was “tandem” but figured it’s more likely someone was giving his missus a backy. 🙁

soobalias
    Free Member

not adh, confirmed by txt

JohnClimber
    Free Member

The driver has turned himself in.

String him up

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-21225233

wallop

Road.cc saying it was in fact a tandem 🙁

mrchrispy

Probable get a couple of points and a fine, I hope he burns in hell

aracer
    Free Member

Road.cc saying it was in fact a tandem

Now that does give me a sick feeling in the stomach – I know a few tandem riders in Bristol.

project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-21226126

More details above, as per usual such a tragic deaths and so unecessary.

Let us all hope the full force of the law is brought to bear on those responsible.

edsbike
    Free Member

Let us all hope the full force of the law is brought to bear on those responsible.

That’s exactly the problem. The full force of the law = bugger all.

It’s time we replaced ‘death by dangerous driving’ with ‘murder’ or something very close in severity and ‘death by careless driving’ with manslaughter. Both should result in lifetime driving bans and lengthy custodial sentences. Not £20, a Twix and 3 points.

You can kill someone with your dangerous and selfish attitude to driving, and receive less punishment than doing 34 in 30 zone. Mad.

aracer
    Free Member

Was about to kick off with my usual rant about half the problem being judges tendency to sentence at the bottom of the tariff range, but actually I don’t think this is the right thread to be doing that on. Not yet.

edlong
    Free Member

Someone did get done for murder a couple of years ago for deliberately ramming a cyclist off the road and killing them. Sorry, I’m a lazy sod and can’t be arsed to find a link, think it was a Ford Focus if you want to search for it.

I think deliberate car-into-bike incidents are the one and only area where the criminal justice system does do the job (guy got mandatory life sentence in the case I’m thinking of) – the problem is that any accidental one, no matter how negligent / reckless / stupid the driver was, seems to be a three points and a fine job.

edsbike
    Free Member

It seems it’s too hard to prove that someone did it deliberately. I’d argue that by driving in a dangerous way you are accepting the risks and the potential punishment.

toppers3933
    Free Member
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘not good… hit and run’ is closed to new replies.