Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nikon D300 or the Sony DSLR
  • project
    Free Member

Whitch digital SLR do the collective recon on,the D3000 or the new Sony DSLR A 230 , the Sony one is cheaper and comes with 12 mega pixels as opposed to 10 mp.

Special offers on both at a camera retailers, the nikon a bit more expensive.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

forget the pixels and handle the cameras to see which feels better

BobaFatt
    Free Member

i got the nikon D3000 for chrimbo and couldn't be happier

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Nikon for better range of accessories and older 2nd hand lenses.

vrapan
    Free Member

If you were really comparing the D300 as the title says then there was absolutely no competition. D300 every time. But D3000 or D230 ? Can you not stretch to the D5000 or maybe one of the Pentax little gems? (K-x, K200?) If neither of those is an option then go grab the cameras and take a few shots see how the controls feel and how responsive it is. You won't be able to tell the image apart but they are both good enough.

woffle
    Free Member

canon 500D?

nickjb
    Free Member

I was considering the sony but found the 330 had quite a few more features for not much more money. In the end I went for an lx3 instead. I thought an slr would spend most of the time at home or in a bag.

fivelittlefish
    Free Member

Get the Nikon – no contest.
    You're buying into a huge system, with every conceivable accessory.

I have used Nikons since I worked as a photographer 25 years ago. The lenses I used then still fit my D2x now and I can still take pictures with them.

I still have two of my old film camera bodies – an F2 and an F3 and they still work perfectly. The F2 is at least 25 years old.

Like I say – no contest.

PePPeR

Yeah people are right, you can use your legacy lenses, but to get the auto focusing to work then I think the first of the cameras that does that is the D90.

There was a poll on talkphotography about how many people use manaul or auto focusing and it came out at about 95% using auto focus.

manitou
    Free Member

Nikon. camera maker
    Sony. TV's HiFi computers

No contest

fivelittlefish
    Free Member

>pepper

You can use pretty much any Nikon lens on any Nikon SLR. Of course, an autofocus lens is needed if the body is autofocus, but it will still work, just as I can use autofocus lenses on my old manual bodies – not much point, but I can.

First Nikon to use auto lenses was the F3AF and the lenses were huge and heavy.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I have a Sony A200 and am well pleased with it. I tried a Canon 400D and couldn't tell any difference between them. I guess it depends on how serious you want to get.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Sony a300 here.

Great first dSLR I'd say. In-camera image stabilisation means it'll work with any Sony/Minolta fit lens.

Got my eye on some a700 bodies on ebay.

grahamh
    Free Member

Actually manitou Sony = Konica/Minolta

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nikon D300 or the Sony DSLR’ is closed to new replies.