Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • New wheels – Fulcrum Red Metal Zeros?
  • organic355
    Free Member

I have just come into some money and am thinking about getting a set.
    I am not gonna pay the current £809 that CRC have them for, prob wait until they have them down at £500 again.
    So should I / shouldn't I?, what else could I get for £500 etc?
    The wheels are for a lightweight xc hardtail for use in Scotland, so maintenance is also factor.
    I am expecting lots of Hope replies, but convince me they are any better.

badblood
    Free Member

I have the Red Metal 3's and love them, not needing trueing in 2 years of sporadic riding, I am no featherweight either. Quieter than Hopes, (I had a free hub seize on a pair of Hopes after 6 months and found them a pain to take apart). They also look a bit different – I have not seen anoter pair when out riding and they always get comments.

organic355
    Free Member

I am beginning to think the zeros are out of my price range and may also consider the 1's seems they are closer to £500 than the zeros! I wish I had bought them when crc had them for £518!!!

njee20
    Free Member

I've got a pair of brand spanking Bontrager XXX Lite Carbons if you're interested?

Otherwise I'd say custom build, can choose what characteristics you want from the wheels then.

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

Half price XTR's at On-one.

organic355
    Free Member

If I were to custom build then what would I go with? Hope hubs, industry nine? What rims etc?

organic355
    Free Member

HOw much are the xtrs? And howuch do they weigh?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘New wheels – Fulcrum Red Metal Zeros?’ is closed to new replies.