Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • New watch!!! and a story of one that had to go back..
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

My new Seiko Solar:

I bought a watch a couple of weeks ago from an ebay trader. Unfortunately, the watch had a problem and I arranged to get a refund.
    I sent it back to the dealer via RMSD next day (£6.10) and awaited a refund to my PayPal account.

I got an email to confirm that the watch had been received and then it went on to say “I don’t have enough money in my PayPal account at the moment. It may be two days or so before I can send your money. Hope this is not inconvenient.”

I was £500 out of pocket. Is this acceptable?

I have been refunded but I thought this a bit out of order.

Cougar

Two whole days?

“I don’t have the money” is a bit crap, but they communicated what was going on and then refunded you accordingly. Not immediately seeing what else they could reasonably do.

If they’d said “sorry, I’m working away for a couple of days without Internet access beyond email, I’ll sort it as soon as I get home” would they still be out of order?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

The trader sorted you out and you got to return the watch for a full refund. At worst his communication was a bit unprofessional but then you were dealing with ebay and not Asprey’s so suck it up.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Loving the flaming.

If I was trading, a refund would be immediate.

johndoh
    Free Member

S’alright, many online shops make you wait 2 days + some to get refunds. It took me 14 days recently with a return of a faulty bathroom fitting to a popular online illuminated mirror supplier.

nickwgbr
    Free Member

A bit funny but if you got the refund all is well.

Nice watch by the way, is that the Seiko equivalent of the Citizen EcoDrive ? What is the weight like ?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

if you didnt get a refund OR the delay was huge then yep out of order but you got your money and relatively quickly. give the guy a break, good feedback.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Cheers nick. I guess it is the equivalent but with a much less imaginative name!

It’s St. St. so it has some heft but it’s comfortable. It’s got an alarm too.

gogg
    Free Member

Seems like he was “too honest” and “open” about his position.

If he had transferred the funds from paypal to his account, he could have refunded you using a paypal e-cheque and they would have taken a week to then apply the credit to your account.

Maybe he was trying to speed things up by waiting for cleared funds to reach his paypal account so that paypal didn’t delay your refund.

derek_starship
    Free Member

He also promised to refund the return postage but didn’t.

hora
    Free Member

I’m over the moon that you got rid of that watch. This one is very nice. A mans watch sir. 🙂

gogg
    Free Member

Remind him?? If he did a refund, then it doesn’t allow him to add any extra. The postage would need to be a seperate transaction. Maybe he forgot that?

Ask him to send it “gift”….

iolo
    Free Member

A nice watch but that’s a big lump of money to put for something on ebay.
    Something you couldn’t physically hold or check for authenticity.

slackalice
    Free Member

Looks like it’s running a bit slow according to the time 🙂

gears_suck
    Free Member

That might need to be do e as a separate transaction? Not sure.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not really but two days is hardly that long

Loving the flaming.

sensitive today arent we princess

I am not sure this even makes it to a first world problem

Can we have a DtS problem for things that were minor inconveniences for 48 hours?

craigxxl
    Free Member

I can’t believe you paid £500 for watch that retails at £275 and can be found much cheaper.

derek_starship
    Free Member

craigxxl – what the flip are you talking about?

Read the post properly and you’ll see that I didn’t spend £500 on the Seiko.

craigxxl
    Free Member

I bought a watch a couple of weeks ago from an ebay trader. Unfortunately, the watch had a problem and I arranged to get a refund.
    I sent it back to the dealer via RMSD next day (£6.10) and awaited a refund to my PayPal account.

I got an email to confirm that the watch had been received and then it went on to say “I don’t have enough money in my PayPal account at the moment. It may be two days or so before I can send your money. Hope this is not inconvenient.”

Read the post properly and you’ll see that I didn’t spend £500 on the Seiko.

How much did you buy it for? I’m confused 🙁

hexhamstu
    Free Member

He bought a £500 watch of unknown make and model. It was faulty and he therefore returned it. He then bought this Seiko for an unknown sum.

I really should be working, why the hell am I reading about watches?!

I imagine Sean Connery wears a similar watch.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Turns out Sean is a Rolex man. Predictable.

weeksy

How was he £500 out of pocket if he was waiting for another watch to arrive ?

I bought a pair of exhausts for my motorbike today, but i don’t consider myself £355 out of pocket…

derek_starship
    Free Member

To clarify:
    The picture is of a watch I bought yesterday.

The refund tale is about a DIFFERENT watch I got a couple of weeks ago. That watch cost £500 but was not as described. I sent it back and waited a few days for the refund.

Alles Klar?

finbar
    Free Member

So what was this other watch that hora disliked so?

derek_starship
    Free Member

It was a Seamaster Polaris multi-function from 1988-92.

mrblobby
    Free Member

This one? you paid 500 quid for that? Got to agree with hora! New one much nicer.

warton
    Free Member

that Omega is rank. The seiko is lovely

Bregante

Nice watch

I’ve just had an email from a well respected bike retailer saying it will be 9 days before I get a paypal refund for a cancelled order which hadn’t been processed after two weeks.

😕

CountZero

To be fair, it wasn’t immediately clear what watch you’d bought that had the problem, now blobby’s posted the link I remember the original post.
    And yes, I prefer the Seiko, but then, I would, wouldn’t I.

😀

finbar
    Free Member

I rather like your original choice Derek, though I am also a fan of another fantastically ugly Omega, the Z33:

derek_starship
    Free Member

Finbar – I also like the a Spacemaster Z33. But it’s £3.5k.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Those omegas are gopping

nealglover
    Free Member

I had no idea Omega made any watches that ugly 😯

Two days is a perfectly acceptable time to wait for a refund in my opinion.

I would have made you wait longer, purely as punishment for buying such an ugly watch in the first place :mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

That Z33 is STUNNING but I wouldnt pay more than 600 for it.

Bregante 9 days? If you had to send back an item yes but you have Scotch mist. I’d ask PP for a reversal asap for no goods received

Derek thank gawd you got rid of that watch. It was a fruity-Bernie the truckdriving cross-dressing type watch..

deepreddave
    Free Member

I’m kind of loving the seller’s honesty 🙂 What a result in the end though, you’re £s better off and now have a mans watch!

Ps the Z33 is niche but kinda very cool too. Plenty of better value brands out there.

sq225917
    Free Member

I hate to break it to you mate but….

http://www.creationwatches.com/products/seiko-chronograph-watches-63/seiko-solar-alarm-chronograph-ssc075p1-ssc075p-ssc075-3715.html

£135…

I have two divers from them, first rate service, cheapest Seiko supplier there is.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I believe it’s still unknown how much the OP actually paid for his Seiko. The Omega was 500 quid.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘New watch!!! and a story of one that had to go back..’ is closed to new replies.