Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • New CX bike
  • mboy
    Free Member

Officially a company demo bike, but I shall be putting a fair few miles in on this over the coming months…

Just back from a shakedown “round the block” ride to try and bed the brakes in and check everything is setup ok. Completely standard off the shelf Raleigh RX Comp aside from the 11-36 cassette and X9 rear mech (to give me a 1:1 bottom ratio for proper offroading). Should be fun! 🙂

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Nice 😀

Teetosugars
    Free Member

*Thumbs up*

mboy
    Free Member

Finally got out and did some miles on it today…

Did almost 50 miles, a mix of on road and off (probably 60% road and 40% off), and it’s ace! Only criticisms so far are that the bar shape doesn’t suit me, I’d like something wider and the ultra shallow drop is too compact for my hands, and the bar tape is way too thin. Probably going to put some wider, slightly longer/deeper drop bars on soon, and either a double bar tape wrap or just one layer of a decent thick tape.

Other than that, all good!

steve_b77
    Free Member

Regarding the bar tape, I put the raleigh carbon gel tape on my Boardman. It’s ace stuff

mboy
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll check it out Steve. Bar tape that came on this bike is nicely textured and grippy, just it’s ridiculously thin!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘New CX bike’ is closed to new replies.