Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • New bike Stanton Slackline pics
  • shredder
    Free Member

Thanks to Holy Spokes Horsforth and Moonglu for the wheel build.
    [/url]P1080458 by rlockwood64, on Flickr[/img]
    [/url]P1080455 by rlockwood64, on Flickr[/img] 😀

binners

That is really rather lovely, in a suitably purposeful looking way.

funkhouser
    Free Member

looks bob on. ultimate tyre combo too. its even got the best grips!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I have been very impressed by the quality finish of Dan’s frames they definitely have that feel of buying something a bit more unique.

shredder
    Free Member

Would agree the finish and detailing on the frame is superb.

sprocker
    Free Member

My mate has just got a black one great looking bikes

buck53

Lovely, that. I really like those frames, got to try one briefly at Whinlatter last year, loved the ride.

Of course you’ve missed a trick by not getting the black frame for full ‘2014-Murdered-Out’ look. 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

Very nice. 🙂

chambord
    Free Member

That is a beaut! And that front tyre is absolutely massive 😯

Someone will be along soon to tell you the tyre logos and valves don’t line up. Not me though.

shredder
    Free Member

Ha please dont mention valves and logo’s my OCD went mad with these rims. Mavic offset each decal on each side. so get it right on one side and the other is wrong !!This was the compromise before my head exploded…….. 😮

matther01
    Free Member

Lovely! Agree that detailing on the frames is stunning. My ti one is a work of great art and craft IMO

neilwheel
    Free Member

Very tasty.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Mavic offset each decal on each side. so get it right on one side and the other is wrong

get the stickers off then!

Looks like a very nice ride. Enjoy it!

ade9933
    Free Member

tidy.

rogermoore

Very nice.
    RM.

timmys

Needs white forks like my blue Slackine I’m afraid 😉

bigblackshed

The tyre logos should be aligned with the valves, regardless of where the rim logos are.

HTH

shredder
    Free Member

Not helping shed as I now may have to un seat and mount them again 😉

Jamz
    Free Member

Very snazzy! Couple of questions if you don’t mind:

– Is that the 18″ or 16″ frame?

– How much travel is the fork running?

– What rims are they? They look pretty chunky…

duir
    Free Member

Do you have a build weight?

You are going to need big tyres with those 821’s, they dent real easy (at 30mph through Scottish mountain rock gardens) 🙂

kayak23

Very nice that.

slider888
    Free Member

That is absolutely cracking.

tor5
    Free Member

Having just built a slackline with silver stanchioned revs and thinking “wouldn’t pikes look ace” my wallet really didn’t need my eyes to see that!

Interested to know how you find the clearance on the HD out back, was a bit tight on mine – discovered significant rub after two muddy rides, am experimenting with a 2015 nobby nic instead…

dan77
    Free Member

My frame should be here by the end of the week! i can’t wait!

shredder
    Free Member

Frame is 18″
    Pikes @ 150 mm
    Rims Mavic 821 to Pro 2 Evo
    Build weight not sure to be honest not super light but not silly.
    Tyre clearance at rear is ok will see how it goes.

@ duir I have found Mavic rims to be pretty bombproof in the past.

bigblackshed

Just sayin’ like, Shredder. 😉 But then I’m a tart.

Big, tough Mavic rims. The best tool for the job, IMO. If you’re going to play in the mountains then it’s time to put the walking boots on, not the ballet pumps.

mboy
    Free Member

Gonna be building a Slackline up myself very soon. Black 16″ frame with White forks and bars (these have already been bought), probably a white saddle, and not 100% sure what else yet… Got some black EN521’s kicking around, but I’m thinking white rims may suit it better.

The rest of it will probably be Shimano Zee 1×10, Deore brakes, 2.35″ tyres etc.

duir
    Free Member

@ duir I have found Mavic rims to be pretty bombproof in the past

Yep, me too. Sadly my new 821 rear took a pounding on a 4 day Scottish epic and ended up dented all over. The heavier 521’s have stayed true and dent free for 3 years!

johnny

Yup, thats how I would have done it. Possibly stans rims, but I’d not be fussed. That blue looks great.

It needs to go and get properly filthy in the woods for the relationship to be consummated though….

WildHunter2009

How tall are if you don’t mind? Am torn between the 16.5 being most likely too small and the 18 potentially a wee bit big. 5,11 if it helps and would be running a 50 mm stem max i suspect.

dan77
    Free Member

did you pre order the frame and have it delivered this week? mine hasn’t arrived yet 🙁

shredder
    Free Member

6ft tall 50mm stem.

No I found it in stock at my LBS Holy Spokes at Horsforth, they have a black frame in as well also on ebay.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Got my Stanton Sherpa from Holy Spokes, top lads in there. It’s a stunning frame too, beautifully made and finished, to echo fr0sty125’s sentiments. Love the blue on that Slackline too shredder, had your frame off the hooks a few times in admiration, before it was yours that is!!

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘New bike Stanton Slackline pics’ is closed to new replies.