Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • New Bike Day (Awesome content)
  • Bregante

Some of you may remember this thread where my lad eventually overcame his dyspraxia and started to learn to ride his bike.
    That was Awesome.

It’s hard to believe that two years have passed but we’ve had some tears along the way and a long period where my lad gave up on the bike again altogether. I’ve found it tough to accept but really didn’t want to pile too much pressure on him as he’s a sensitive lad.

He’s now 10 and many of his pals are riding to school and I can tell that he was becoming embarrassed about not being able to do the same so with his school sending home a letter to announce that they will be running cycle proficiency courses when he goes back in September we decided to go right back to basics.

The past two weeks we’ve been out every night and he is absolutely flying round. Now each night when I get home the first thing he asks is can we go to the park on the bikes. It’s just brilliant!

The only problem was that he is far too big now for the 20″ wheel Ridgeback that I bought him two years ago!

So tonight this arrived.

I’m actually really impressed. It’s not much heavier than the similar sized Frog but still a Kg or so heavier than the equivalent Isla Bike. Good value for money though. Can’t wait to get home from work tomorrow night so he can get out on it.

Vitus Twentyfour
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/WVKLJV]IMG_20170726_205455[/url] by redmancunian69, on Flickr

CalamityJames
    Free Member

*likes*

cheekyboy
    Free Member

What a good do !

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

matt_outandabout

Good stuff mr_b

dropoff

Thanks for sharing that, Fab that your boy is enjoying riding so much. 🙂

geoffj

Great stuff!

binners

That’s a whole lot of win there big fella. When we doing Phillip Park with our offspring then? 😀

Bregante

I’ll give you a shout mate. We’re off on hols at the weekend and the bike(s) are coming too.

cuyahoga
    Free Member

That does indeed look a good deal of bike for the money. Sure to be big smiles !

When you get a minute, could I trouble you to run a tape measure from the top of the seat to the floor in its lowest position please? Looks by eye to be about 26″, but that’s assuming there’s nothing stopping the post dropping right down.

Bregante

No problem. I need to set it up for my lad tonight so I’ll post an update on here.

RoterStern
    Free Member

kayla1
    Free Member

Bregante

cuyahoga the saddle does drop all the way down and standover is a little over 25″. Typical Manchester sunshine at the moment so we’re waiting for a break in the downpour before venturing outside.

Bregante

I think it’s fair to say that that was a success 8)

matt_outandabout

fadda

WHERE’S THE FLIPPIN’ “LIKE” BUTTON?!

finners

😀 😀 8)

cuyahoga
    Free Member

Bregante
    cuyahoga the saddle does drop all the way down and standover is a little over 25″.

Fabulous thanks – I’ll start pointing out all the really cool dark blue things we see … 😉

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Splendid, summer holidays of fun and memories!!!!

simondbarnes

Ace 🙂

markrh
    Free Member

Excellent!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Like that a lot 8)

TBH there’s not much better than watching your kids having fun on a bike.

solarider
    Free Member

Great news. Solarider jnr is currently 2 and on a balance bike. I have visions of him moving up smoothly, but great to hear that even after a wobble Bregante jnr is loving it again.

Lucky kid – he has Froome’s physique! Squint and it could be Froome on a kids bike!

wors

Excellent!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

lowey

Absolutely Brilliant!

crazyjenkins01

Awesome

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘New Bike Day (Awesome content)’ is closed to new replies.