Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • New Bike (Blue Pig) pics
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Santa left me a Blue Pig frame under the tree

and I've built it into this

Initial trial run round the street would indicate it's going to be great. Really seems to want to be looned around on. I was initially a bit sceptical about the cable guides, but now thing they are thw work of genius – keep the cables out of the way, straight an they don't flap on the frame. Perfect.
    Built with a SLX Groupset and Revelation Team Maxle 2010 forks. can't wait to get it in the woods.

Oh, and yes, I know the garage door is in a shocking state!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Looks fun… 😆

ton

dont laugh, but i am gonna build another one of those.

and it is very nice too in orange. 8)

Swiftacular
    Free Member

That looks lovely, what kind of tyre clearance does the frame have?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

what kind of tyre clearance does the frame have?

Absolutely loads!

Intense-Pilot

What sort of weight built up?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Sorry, no idea on weight – never weigh my bikes, but seems light enough to me. Haven't gone for a lightweight build (it's not really that type of a bike)

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Nice, but it's missing some Carnegie's bars…….

luke
    Free Member

love the colour.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

JC – it wouldn't be missing Carnegies if they were in stock!

singlecrack
    Free Member

After looking in the classifieds for a while for a steel hardtail/singlespeed and not finding what I want for the money

I may be tempted to get one of these

would like to know how it rides ???

nickc

Nice lookin' bike. Like the drop outs

rOcKeTdOg

it's not blue

Trekster

Mine

And a wee vid, do not laugh too much;
    http://myragley.com/?page=3

singlecrack – Member
    After looking in the classifieds for a while for a steel hardtail/singlespeed and not finding what I want for the money

I may be tempted to get one of these

would like to know how it rides ???

In what way?

singlecrack
    Free Member

well I run 100mm forks as I like fast singletrack and the twitchy feel a race bike gives you
    not into big laid back 140mm fork type slow turning

billyboy
    Free Member

Is it the piccies playing tricks or has Brant produced a bike with a slightly higher front end than the 456?

billyboy
    Free Member

Nice build, like it.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Whoah now thats a bright bike, looks nice, your definitely not going to loose it in the shed/garage though.

tootin

rOcKeTdOg'S biggest fan – Member
    it's not blue

Neither is it a pig

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I love orange bikes. It has an older brother too!

Trekster

singlecrack – Member

well I run 100mm forks as I like fast singletrack and the twitchy feel a race bike gives you
    not into big laid back 140mm fork type slow turning

I also like fast singletrack 😆
    Can quite easily keep up and be faster than mates on fancy full sus bikes 😈

Running mine on 130mm fixed forks with 70mm stem and can assure you it is not slow on turns.
    Can be run(as designed)with a 50mm stem which makes it nice and twitchy just the way you like it 😀

MrGrim

Looking good!

Peregrine
    Free Member

What a bloody shame, lovely looking frame, great build. I'm looking for a good steel hardtail frame and that looks really nice. so i went straight to their web site to have a look at the spec, budget says – good news.

Morals say – bad news?

Stupid comments at the bottom of page "WE LOVE BIKES LIKE A FAT KID LOVES CAKE", why is it ok for companies to put this kind of crap on their web sites?

What a **** shame, ignorant pish.

I'm sure STW will judge it as a harmless comment, my opinion will stay the same.

Olly
    Free Member

thats not blue, its clearly orange

singlecrack
    Free Member

Trekster – Member

thanks great news looks like I have to spend more money then 😆

smell_it
    Free Member

Stupid comments at the bottom of page "WE LOVE BIKES LIKE A FAT KID LOVES CAKE", why is it ok for companies to put this kind of crap on their web sites?

Most fat kids I've seen seem quite partial to cake, but I guess there must be some exceptions. You also excercised your right to choose, so that's good.

Like the orange though.

PJ266
    Free Member

"WE LOVE BIKES LIKE A FAT KID LOVES CAKE", why is it ok for companies to put this kind of crap on their web sites?

Because it tells us that they really love bikes?

You seriously wouldnt buy a bike because of nine words on their webpage? You must have really **** adored cake when you were younger then.

fozzyuk

Like the colour, looks like a very slack head angle. Not keen on black sorry…… and the head angle looks steeper for some strange reason

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Peregrine – Member
    What a bloody shame, lovely looking frame, great build. I'm looking for a good steel hardtail frame and that looks really nice. so i went straight to their web site to have a look at the spec, budget says – good news.

Morals say – bad news?

What a **** shame, ignorant pish.

I'm sure STW will judge it as a harmless comment, my opinion will stay the same.

Peregrine – you're fat aren't you?

Why get offended? Just stop eating every waking moment and with the money you save you can buy a blue pig.

brant
    Free Member

I think the "delete and continue with your day" upset me more. And I've got a blood pressure check up this morning.

http://www.ragleybikes.com/2009/12/silly-comments/

miketually
    Free Member

New strapline?: "WE LOVE BIKES LIKE A MOANER LOVES MOANING"

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

I would wager that the majority of fat kids love cake but, at the same time, recognise that it's a dangerous love, possibly tinged with hatred because of the inevitability and inescapability of cake and what it does to them. So it seems like a subtle, almost Burtian comment on the double-edged sword of bike love.

ElNino
    Free Member

[/b]Peregrine:Stupid comments at the bottom of page "WE LOVE BIKES LIKE A FAT KID LOVES CAKE", why is it ok for companies to put this kind of crap on their web sites?

The comment is not that stupid, I'd like you to find a fat kid that doesn't like cake.

Fat people are only fat for one reason………..

brant
    Free Member

I love it. Done.

skiboy
    Free Member

spent yesterday putting together gregga's pig with him,

fat kids, who cares, have my share, jam it in your trap,

moaners, well we need them , they make us feel happy about ourselves and make us realise that some people always swing toward negativity.

Blue pig, what can i say, shocked at the frame for such a small lump of dosh, looks stunning, well though out, lovely welds, light etc etc..went together like fat kids and cake..sh!t sorry fat kids and moaners,

well done brant, well done ragley, well done everybody merry christmas

F-StopJunkie
    Free Member

I think the "delete and continue with your day" upset me more.

I think it was an instruction for him, not you Brant. It's one of those "write the letter but don't send it" therapy things.

Cakes? Bloody love the things, and I was a fat kid and now a fat bloke. It's funny, and not something to be offended by unless you're offended by Last of the Summer Wine potentially injuring the elderly.

I like any bike company that; can have a bit of a joke, create good products at good prices, and offend a few people in the process. If no-one is offended, you're not doing it right.

nbt

I think the "delete and continue with your day" upset me more.

I reckon he meant the email not the comment, but hey ho

miketually – Premier Member

From sponsored rider to marketing guru? Promotion, eh?

jimthesaint

AHHH it's driving me nuts. I'm sure 'like a fat kid loves cake' is either a lyric from a song or a quote from a film. I can't for the life of me think where it's from though.

nbt

jim the saint – Member

AHHH it's driving me nuts. I'm sure 'like a fat kid loves cake' is either a lyric from a song or a quote from a film. I can't for the life of me think where it's from though.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=I%20love%20you%20like%20a%20fat%20loves%20cake

a very cute lyric in 50 Cent's song "21 Questions".

F-StopJunkie
    Free Member

Mostly famously recently it was used by Mr 50 Cent in his musical opus '21 Questions."

Brant, being part of the Mad Skillz Crew in Tod, can often be found 'popping', 'locking' and 'windmilling' to such tracks on a bit of old lino just by the pay and display carpark.

Edit: Damn my slow fingers…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘New Bike (Blue Pig) pics’ is closed to new replies.