Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Netflix – is it as poor as it seems?
  • geoffj

Just signed up for the free trial. Had a quick shufty, but it doesn’t seem exactly comprehensive – distinct lack of recent ish films.
    Is love film any better?

Ta

Jamie
    Free Member

Is this the streaming service or physical releases (oh-er)?

As I am currently in the middle of a Love Film trial, which I got with a new Xbox, and while the game and blu-ray rentals are up to the minute, the streaming stuff is about a year or so behind.

Assume it must be a licensing/copyright thing.

….and they wonder why people pirate films.

Relevant: http://theoatmeal.com/comics/game_of_thrones

brodie
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on Lovefilm. I’d punch lovefilm in the face if that was actually possible.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    frogstomp

Sky’s NowTV seems better for newer releases..

geoffj

the streaming stuff is about a year or so behind.

A year or so behind would be ok – it’s just all a bit random.
    There does appear to be a remarkable selection of early channel 5 quality soft pron though.
    😐

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve been with Lovefilm for about 9 months now. As Jamie says, the streaming service lags behind the postal service a bit. However, I’ve enjoyed using it to catch up with some older TV series (e.g. Lost) and I guess we’re currently getting about half a dozen DVDs per month.

When I was looking, the only advantage Netflix had was the choice of devices. Lovefilm has just arrived on the Wii and it’s built into my new Smart TV. The Android client should be available in a couple of months too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Netflix – if you like american series and old bargain bin straight dvd petrol station bucket movies

I just rent the new releases i want to watch on apple tv costs more to naked eye but i only watch what i want to watch.

whyter

The streaming is a bit behind, so we have the DVD+online lovefilm subscription. Tried netflix and it was poor in comparison, but OK for watching series. I’m told there’s a way to set up netflix (DNS servers maybe?) so it thinks you’re in the US, and you get a much better selection of films that way – Google?

geoffj

Looks like the Tv (Samsung smart ) does love film too. Might have to give that a try.

druidh
    Free Member

Indeed it does.

geoffj

I just rent the new releases i want to watch on apple tv costs more to naked eye but i only watch what i want to watch.

Is probably the answer I’m looking for.

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like the Tv (Samsung smart ) does love film too. Might have to give that a try.

Yup. As does Xbox. I can’t say I have used it yet as mostly get mah game on. Not having to pay for any Xbox games for 3 months has been brillz.

fasthaggis

Which one does world/indie films better?.

Top.Dog
    Free Member

Sky Anytime DVD section. Its the future

Brake-neck
    Free Member

For Netflix it has to be proxied to US for decent content ( and sh*tloads of it).
    Go here
    buy that and thats all you need to do.

fasthaggis

Sorry dog ,I would never subscribe to SKY,so that’s never going to be an option .

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Netflix – is it as poor as it seems?’ is closed to new replies.