Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Nazis banned at WW2 weekend
  • ilovemygears
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member
    grum never argue with an idiot they wil drag you down to their level and beat you with experience look at his posts FFS.
    I may just be jealous of his ability to outdo me in a badly spelt inchoherent rant competition.

The spellings may suck junk yard but the truth is you are a muppet that thinks he is right about every thing. And you almost never are.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

if you cannot differentiate between Das Capital and Mein Kampf in outlook/philosphy then you are an idiot,

Both books were responsible for the deaths of millions upon millions of people, i see little difference. the politics of both far Right and Left are extremely similar in effect. Both the extremes bring totalitarian regimes. The out come of always the same, oppression and mass murder.

Peyote
    Free Member

the politics of both far Right and Left are extremely similar in effect. Both the extremes bring totalitarian regimes. The out come of always the same, oppression and mass murder.

You can level the exact same charges at any system of human sociology/economics. Has anyone ever worked out the human cost of Capitalism? I’d be surprised if that hadn’t killed many more people than Hitler and Stalin (and Vlad, Genghis etc…) put together.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ilovemygears
    Free Member

just out of interest Junk yard what Uni did you go to and what degree did you get? Was it in the Humanities. Also pleas give my you view on how the inaccurate findings in (peter) William Gaskell’s works on pre industrialised Britain influenced both Engels and Marx and explain to me how you think they might of effected Marx views on class struggle. Id like youre view on that 🙂

nbt

Junkyard
    Free Member

The spellings may suck junk yard but the truth is you are a muppet that thinks he is right about every thing. And you almost never are.

I can at least keep my principles constant over a period of a week and two threads and put forward a rational argument. You seem entriely unfamiliar with either of these concepts.
    Remember you bigging up Communist China and accusing us all of having a western view of it and believing propoganda and now communism is a world evil. Make your mind up please. You never did come back to prove your point about all the debates and votes thing did you:roll:
    I like your style of ranting without making any statements of facts Keep it up it serves you well
    EDIT: YOU have a degree 😯 was Dr gillian McKeith at your graduation ceremony?

skiboy
    Free Member

duckman why would i lie, are you 12 ??,

for your info:

in the village i grew up in, my neighbour, my godfather was a bevin boy in ww2,his next door neighbour was Sir Henry Jones look him up, across the road was james dad, who was a decorated spit pilot officer from the BOB, just down from him was neils dad, german as mentioned, my dad worked for a man called aubrey F who flew hurricanes in the BOB, another friend Peter who lived opposite had his grandad at the end of the marroway rd who took a snipers bullet to the head during a break in the battle of the somme,(he had a hole under the skin,it was quite odd to look at, he lived until 90yrs old)
    t my brothers friend brian’s father was a polish airman (woj we called him) at primary school my headmistress’s husband was a pilot in ww2 and also a memember of the guinea pig club (look it up),

bob green obe worked for my wife, he sailed in the northern convoys and won the red star of russia which was given to him by stalin no less,
    my other next door neighbour mr cowlden was captured in singapore and tourtured by the japs,(they went mad when my dad bought a mitsubishi colour tv in the early 80’s)

i could go on, history especailly military, is a bit of a strong point of mine and as i said i grew up in the shadow of an RAF station which has been in exsitence sine the RFC were formed. I also met a lot of people and love gathering their tales (thats a nice word for true stories).

don’t judge others by your own standard m8. 😉

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

I can at least keep my principles constant over a period of a week and two threads and put forward a rational argument. You seem entriely unfamiliar with either of these concepts.
    Remember you bigging up Communist China and accusing us all of having a western view of it and believing propoganda and now communism is a world evil. Make your mind up please. You never did come back to prove your point about all the debates and votes thing did you:roll:
    I like your style of ranting without making any statements of facts keep it up it serves you well
    Oh we are going to have some fun together young padawan
    Y

lol thast not really ansewring my question is it, i mean its a fair point i must admit but tell me about Gaskills influence on marx plaes…as you know about this stuff. also i got band fom the forum for 48 hours for expesing my views about what i though of you.. 🙂

ilovemygears
    Free Member

EDIT: YOU have a degree was Dr gillian McKeith at your graduation ceremony?

yes i got a 2:1 in history at mmu

grum
    Free Member

I got a 2:1 in History from Leeds University. You know, a proper red brick uni not a ‘Metropolitan’ aka Polytechnic college. 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

Leeds Uni is red brick. It’s not obvious as the North is in black and white.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

grum – Member
    I got a 2:1 in History from Leeds University. You know, a proper red brick uni not a ‘Metropolitan’ aka college.

Snob! 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Druidism

Onionism….

…Onanism?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Shame 48 hours seems ironically lenient …you did seem to be keen on totalitarian policing 😆
    First class Science Degree [ Ok psychlogy] Bangor Uni
    A levels in Economics, history and politics

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Shame 48 hours seems ironically lenient …you did seem to be keen on totalitarian policing

so you cant answer my question then?

ilovemygears
    Free Member

Shame 48 hours seems ironically lenient …you did seem to be keen on totalitarian policing

Lol yes if i was in charge stealing bikes would be a capital crime.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I don’t deny there are dodgy re enactors out there, just that i never met any. We only did work for employers like English Heritage and county councils etc so the standards of both authenticity and behaviour were high. Other groups do exist, and they tend to be employed by organisations looking to do it on the cheap. Thats where you find the ideology. Any group attempting to sell or display that material would be kicked,off site and every person banned for life. To be employed by EH is a big deal and decent groups aspire to that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes to stand tall amongst reneacters …oh sod it make your own punchline

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I don’t stand tall amongst any re-enactors! 😆

5thElefant
    Free Member

You must really think your degree is worthless to mention A-levels 😯

john_drummer
    Free Member

Leeds Uni is red brick

no it’s not, it’s white concrete

sorry 😉

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Sorry, i was on my phone earlier.

What i meant was, you see re-enactors from outside and see them as all the same much in the same way a motorist or rambler sees someone on a bike and thinks all mtb’ers are the same.

The groups – from all periods – who do their best to get things right, get their kit/accoutrements/characterisations as authentic as possible are the ones who are at the top of their particular game.
    Unfortunately, the hobby does attract the fantasists, in medieval we get the clowns who think Lord of the Rings was a documentary and want to wander round with a hooded cloak and a recurve bow at the Battle of Bosworth for instance.
    The WWII Wermacht units attract the right-wing nutters and the best groups do weed them out, these are the groups who get to put on shows at the big Blue-Riband events like Kelmarsh (EH’s flagship event).

Unfortunately, there are other groups out there who’s standards aren’t as high. Some groups will have founders/officers who do have a political axe to grind, some have a grudge against other groups, some think authenticity is over rated etc.

If you are going to do this hobby, it has to be right otherwise it’s pointless and stupid. I’ve seen groups come on the field in full plate harness costing £££ yet wearing a nylon tabard over the top 🙄

WWII is a difficult one, and not one i personally would feel comfortable with doing but the Axis side does need showing. I’ve met guys from the Wermacht units and found them fine, also seen guys from Waffen SS units and thought “hmmmm…”.
    I know one chap who’s interest is the Eastern Front, he portrays both a German soldier of the Panzer Grenadiers and a Russian infantryman – do you think his political views are in conflict or is he just interested in the period?

Strangely enough, the most interest these guys get is from veterans of the war and they really enjoy talking/listening to the chaps who were there.

Viewing 22 posts - 81 through 102 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘Nazis banned at WW2 weekend’ is closed to new replies.