Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • My Suntour Epicon forks – are they forked?
  • TheFopster
    Free Member

Well, are they?

No doubt the pedants will want more information, so what the heck.

I have the inevitable cheapskate machine of choice – Carrera Fury – with the Epicon forks. The lock-out got flipped on almost the first ride without me noticing (probably caught in trees/bushes), such that I rode a fair way off road with them locked. Noticed when I got home that the large screw in cap in which the lock-out lever sits was loose and there was some oil seeping out. I tightened it up and have been riding it as is since.

However, they seem to have very little small bump compliance – they soak up bigger stuff but at speed on smaller bumps they feel like a solid fork no matter how I set the damping. At first I put it down to the extreme cold affecting the oil in the dampers (during all the snow etc.) but now things are warm still no change. Any ideas? Is that just how a cheap fork is or did the oil leak/locked riding do some mischief? Running 25% sag so don't think pressure is too high.

Come on tech experts – any views?

PS – yes I know the answer to every question is to get a better bike, but at present this one will have to do so I need your help…

angryratio
    Free Member

See if halfords would fix um/replace. Top cap coming off would cause some loss of oil. As far as i know they are related to marzochi so perhaps they're easily fixed.
    Something i will say however is that you can quite possibly buy something to replace and improve performance outright from ebay cheaply.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Fury is a good bike. Forks need fixing IMO.

Limy
    Free Member

Just take them back into Halfords and they will send them off to be repaired possibly under warrenty.

TheFopster
    Free Member

Thanks folks – I'll get 'em looked at. Only problem is local Big H don't book ahead for workshop so have to leave bike with them. A few days with no riding.
    😥

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘My Suntour Epicon forks – are they forked?’ is closed to new replies.