Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • my new Stanton….
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Afternoon, finally finished building the stanton sherpa……

[/url]
    DSC_0062 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img]

Yes I know the tyres /logos aren’t aligned, the slabs need weeding and re-laying, the pallet needs to go to the tip and I left the dust cap off the front wheel….

Cheers

z1ppy

I keep saying it on every one of these threads, but these are lovely frame and a fantastic colour. Though the raw look damned good too.

matther01
    Free Member

You could at least sorted the crank alignment for the pic!

Nice frame…love that green

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    daftvader
    Free Member

Damn and blast!!! Knew there was something matther 😆

rockhopperbike

mmm, Stanton- looking to get a new frame for t’ crush- choices choices

daftvader
    Free Member

With any luck I will even get to ride it this weekend!! Tonight is cricket for minivader and tomorrow is work…. Sunday is out as mrsvader wants to go to ikea…. Ffs!!! Maybe a blast round swinley tomorrow evening….

matther01
    Free Member

Ah IKEA…don’t conform, walk the opposite way to the arrows!

devash
    Free Member

Lovely, another potential contender for my 29er hardtail project that has been planned for the past year and probably will never happen unless I come in to some money 😆

What size did you go for / how tall are you?

I’d usually ride a 19″ being 6ft but the top tubes look really realllly long on these things.

this_wreckage
    Free Member

Finally! I knew there must have been some other Stanton fans out there…

Looks awesome but the photos never quite do that shade of green the justice it deserves, it’s truly stunning.

Looks like a 19″ to me devash although happy to be corrected by the OP. I’m as near as damn it 6′ and went for the 17″ with 604mm ETT, it was the correct decision for me, these things are low and very long…

this_wreckage
    Free Member

daftvader, if you haven’t ridden it in anger yet you are in for a treat 😀

daftvader
    Free Member

Devash… 19″ Yes it is long however that suits me as I am 6′ but long of body but short of leg! As for ikea…. The boy goes to the crèche and I sit in the cafe and read till I’m needed to pack the car!!!!!!!

daftvader
    Free Member

The wreckage… I test rode one from tamed earth bikes in Hindhead… Loved it from the first…

slackalice
    Free Member

Very bloody nice! Looking forward to seeing it in the metal, especially the colour! 8)

I can’t make tomorrow eve chap, I’m planning on early morning out of QECP as the rest of my weekend is busy, so maybe next weekend?

daftvader
    Free Member

Slackalice… can probably do something next Sunday… What about a different alton route?? Get dom out too?

bartimaeus
    Free Member

Wow… you said it would look good. You were right, that’s very smart.

slackalice
    Free Member

Week Sunday very likely, will let you know.

Will be seeing Dom tomorrow night so will float the idea as we party in some woods somewhere 8)

daftvader
    Free Member

Cheers bartimaeus… Looks so much better in the flesh. Now hopefully I’ll have the legs for a 1X 9 drivetrain. And when the weather crap it’s going ss….
    Slackalice sounds grand… Staying off the port this time?? 😉

takisawa2

Did it arrive on the pallet ?

Didn’t they were that heavy.

slackalice
    Free Member

We won’t be needing alcohol! 😉

Did I mention nice colour?!

daftvader
    Free Member

Absolutely brilliant…. Took it for a quick 10 miler this evening. Super fast, direct power and steering. really compliant on the lumpy stuff, whilst it isn’t going to win light weight bike of the year it rides much lighter than it is (if that makes sense) and appears quite playful too, will have to take it to swinley for a play…. Aund a superb ride. Very happy 8)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘my new Stanton….’ is closed to new replies.