Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • MTB Movies, what am I missing
  • Warrenpfo
    Free Member

I have the following DVD's and was wondering what I may be missing thats worth a watch.

Earthed 4
    Earthed 5

New world disorder 1
    New world disorder 2
    New world disorder 3
    New world disorder 8
    New world disorder 9
    New world disorder 10

Kranked 6
    Kranked 7
    Kranked 8

The collective – Roam
    The collective – Seasons
    The collective

Redbull Rampage – Revolution

North Shore Extreme 7

Anti Gravity 2

MBUK Rush

geetee1972
    Free Member

Klunkerz is well worth a watch and if you're interested in BMX then Joe Kid on a Stingray is a must see.

nickc

Go and ride your bike?

grahamt1980

3focus is my favorite after the collective ones.
    Collectively Krankin up the Disorder is pretty cool too for a random biking film

oldfart

2nd Klunkerz and Joe Kid and 2nd what nickc said !

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

Thanks guys i travel allot in my job and am sick and tired of the airline movies so keen to watch something new on the plane

rOcKeTdOg

nickegg
    Free Member

Virtuous – The first MTB film in HD.

If you like riding in the Alps you'll love it (and if not it's great anyway). My favourite film by far!

jedi

joe kidd as my mates are in it too 🙂
    nsx6
    kranked5
    electronical (bmx)
    grounded(bmx)
    hsc3

Warrenpfo
    Free Member

hsc3????

Johnbot
    Free Member

The Tipping Point. Great film that follows a season of the World cups. IIRC.
    Edit: And Clorophilla is not bad.
    Edit2: F1rst is good.
    Edit3: The Uprising
    Another edit: Anti Gravity 3. Very American wooo woo rock music/hip hop. still good for the wow factor.

I must say you are spending a tremendous amount of money on films. winkface.

cheshmatt
    Free Member

If you like DH racing:
    Clay Porters's films are very good (The Tipping Point, F1rst, Between The Tape): http://www.clayporter.com/#/work/
    3Focus
    On The Line
    The Dirt Mag 'Finally' Series covering last years DH World Cup series are good – all on Mpora (Free)

And the Atherton Project podcast (also made by Clay Porter) is worth at watch (iTunes/online – Free)

What's Next – Available as free DL here: http://www.geax.com/download/video/

billybob
    Free Member

Eastside Freeride – Run for your Life 2.0

billybob
    Free Member

Sprung 5 – Home

Coyote
    Free Member

Another vote for Kranked 5. Best of the series imho.

asdfhjkl
    Free Member

Virtuous – The first MTB film in HD.

If you like riding in the Alps you'll love it (and if not it's great anyway). My favourite film by far!

+1, really nice.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

no one mentioned dirt? not the mag, but the vid with jason mcroy?

billybob
    Free Member

ooh – I just found on the itunes store Darren Berrecloth's playlist all free to download – just search for him on the store.

greasyrider
    Free Member

I'm looking forward to "Ride the Divide" and "Race Across the Sky", both of which are going on my birthday present list.
    Absolutely loved Evolve and Revoloution when they came out, not stricktly mountain bikes, but mountain bike trials, oh and Libor Karas, the bouncing Chzeck.

Bregante

"Home" and "Tipping point" both get my vote

tomtomr

If you're after a (good) cheap one, then 3focus is £5 on Descent Gear at the moment. One of the best 2008 DH season reviews imho.

Tom

devs
    Free Member

Home. F1rst.

klunkerbill
    Free Member

Warren,

I'm getting Klunkerz placed on a few airlines, so who knows, maybe you can catch it 'in-flight':).
    Ride on,
    Billy
    Klunkerz website

miketually
    Free Member

What are you missing?

Earthed 1
    Earthed 2
    Earthed 3

New world disorder 4
    New world disorder 5
    New world disorder 6
    New world disorder 7

Kranked
    Kranked 2
    Kranked 3
    Kranked 4
    Kranked 5

North Shore Extreme
    North Shore Extreme 2
    North Shore Extreme 3
    North Shore Extreme 4
    North Shore Extreme 5
    North Shore Extreme 6

Anti Gravity

Sancho
    Free Member

Reel kool is the best of all the films ive seen, mainly because its made by Ed Thomsett and is all British riders.
    But Earthed 2 is also mint because of the soundtrack

monsta
    Free Member

Sprung 2-4 for some old-school, cool tunes, simple tricks and nice, funky stuff. It's not all about big air and loud music.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Take a look at Elemental and CKD.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Yeah, no matter how beautifully filmed I often lose the will to live watching mtb dvds because the soundtrack is often generic rock/hiphop/beige **** (seasons,collective etc) but the Earthed series was always fun and had great soundtracks – even if i didn't like what was put on there i could at least smile in disbelief 🙂

Tipping Point is v.good as others have said.

andrewh
    Free Member

Off-road to Athens.

Bit of a bugger finding a copy though.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

HeathenWoods – Member

Yeah, no matter how beautifully filmed I often lose the will to live watching mtb dvds because the soundtrack is often generic rock/hiphop/beige **** (seasons,collective etc) but the Earthed series was always fun and had great soundtracks – even if i didn't like what was put on there i could at least smile in disbelief

Yeah. I love the way that the music in earthed is just stuck on top of the footage without even the slightest attempt to marry the visuals and the music with a bit of creative editing.

And, I just love the way they choose utterly abysmal music from obscure/unsigned bands that in no way matches the tempo of the action on screen. Couldnt have anything to do with it being cheap.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

And, I just love the way they choose utterly abysmal music from obscure/unsigned bands that in no way matches the tempo of the music. Nothing to do with them being cheap.

Uh? They use pretty well known stuff and it fits the ambience of the sgements pretty well; it might not be mainstream stuff but thank **** it's not the usual bland corporate stock hip hop rock chock stuff that usually leaves great riding submerged in meh. But, hey if that's what you like, y'know, that's cool.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

HeathenWoods

Uh? They use pretty well known stuff and it fits the ambience of the sgements pretty well;

I guess I dont waste my time vainly attempting to be cool by listening to the latest angular whiney indie pop, art punk or chemical/afro/ break beat or whatever other sh*t they have on their soundtracks.

But, hey if that's what you like, y'know, that's cool.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

Dirt, for sure.
    And also Level Vibes with Hans Rey – them takes me back!

DezB
    Free Member

MrK mkII – Member
    no one mentioned dirt? not the mag, but the vid with jason mcroy?

& Mud Cows..

I can send you a DVD for a fiver 🙂

trail_rat
    Free Member

24 solo is well worth a watch even if your not into that kind of riding

alex222
    Free Member

building the underground (bmx)
    hammertime (mtb)
    dorkin (bmx)
    all the sprungs
    all the earthed's
    finally

vikingboy
    Free Member

I have earthed volumes 1,2 & 3 you can have for £13 posted…..but would need paying tonight as I'm off to germany tomorrow @ midday!

yunki
    Free Member

there's a good soundtrack and some nice bits on chainspotting.. probably a bit dated now though..

Wookster

Home?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘MTB Movies, what am I missing’ is closed to new replies.