• This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by lu.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • MTB coaching for kids – North Wales area
  • mAx_hEadSet

I mentioned last year that NWMBA in conjunction with Welsh Cycling have been developing a Go Ride scheme in North Wales to get more kids mountain biking especially those whoes parents are not MTBers themselves and so get little guidance or encouragement.

As part of this we are developing coaching sessions and have arranged to bring in Nigel Page to give a group of young riders access to skills training. The cost for this is low and it is likely will be part subsidised from the club's own cash reserves, I am not sure how many places will be available after our regulars are given the opportunity but there might be a few spare places so if any STW readers might have a youngster who they would like to be considered feel free to let me know here.

mAx_hEadSet

bump….

big_n_daft
    Free Member

slight tangent: when are BC going to sort out the L2 MTB XC course?

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

How ' young ' .
    I have a pair of 10 yr olds , and an 8 yr old .
    I'm sure they could point Nige in the right direction .

ianv
    Free Member

Is 6 too young? He is a pretty decent rider. Is it restricted to welsh riders?

If no to both could be interested.

jedi

lu
    Free Member

Details are now up on http://www.welshcycling.co.uk Click on "Go-race MTB events in North East Wales" on the front page: there are details of the session with Nigel as well as news on upcoming races so newly sharpened skills can be put to the test.

It's not restricted to Welsh riders. If you're happy then 6 years old is fine…we'll be trying to divide groups roughly on age ability and we have some gnarly 7 year olds!!

lu
    Free Member

Places are filling up so if you're interested contact coachingATnwmbaDOTorgDOTuk

lu
    Free Member

spaces are still available…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘MTB coaching for kids – North Wales area’ is closed to new replies.