Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • MTB and drugs movie
  • kimbers

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15654/jason-priestley-is-a-freerider-

Jason Priestley ("Beverly Hills 90210") will develop the drug-smuggling story "Death of a Freerider" for Nomadic Pictures says Variety.

The story is based on a Rolling Stone article by Jesse Hyde about Sam Brown, a 22-year-old Canadian mountain biker who took his quest for adventure into the multi-million dollar business of cross-border drug smuggling, which ultimately lead to his death.

Chad Oakes and Mike Frislev will produce. Filming kicks off late 2010.

kimbers

and oh joy will smith is going to destroy another scifi classic

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/15644/will-smith-grows-flowers-for-algernon-

BoardinBob

More worringly, will smith is the lead in the Spielberg remake of oldboy

jesus wept!

rs
    Free Member

There's a documentary about this whole thing on this friday on candian tv, i know that doesn't help most of you out much but it looks really interesting.

njee20
    Free Member

I think Will Smith's actually pretty good! I liked Seven Pounds.

kimbers

i am legend, i robot, amazing thought provoking sci-fi
    smith turned them into formulaic hollywood pants!

rs
    Free Member

http://pro-webpage.com/kathy/SamBrown.php

this is the link to the rolling stone article, its an interesting read

njee20
    Free Member

i am legend

Huh? That was not thought provoking in any way, and Smith did nothing to destroy it's reputation, you could cast Woody Allen or anyone in the lead role, it'd be the same film! I-Robot could've been 'done' differently I guess, but the way it played out was nothing to do with Smith's lack of talent IMO.

Seven Pounds and the Pursuit of Happyness are both very good. Again, IMO.

zaskar
    Free Member

Well if directed well, Will Smith and his acting skill with a huge budget then you have a film that will do well.

Variation helps.

chakaping
    Free Member

He's really, really smug though!

Resin42
    Free Member

njee20, I'm assuming kimbers meant the original books. I haven't read I Robot, the film was fairly watchable for a Converse advert. I Am Legend was victim of diabolical plot liberties. I shouldn't hold Smith solely responsible but I will anyway.

At least if he's making more movies he's making less music.

pypdjl
    Free Member

More worringly, will smith is the lead in the Spielberg remake of oldboy

That's a bad idea whoever they cast as the lead though!

kimbers

yes i did mean the books they were based on!!!

backhander
    Free Member

drug-smuggling story "Death of a Freerider" for Nomadic Pictures

I guess he dies in the end, then. Perhaps a less revealing title?

rs
    Free Member

I think the point of the story is what lead to his death, not that his death is a secret till the end. I just hope they do the story justice and don't make mountain biking look dumb or make everyone out to be a stoner looking to make a quick buck.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Missy Giove to play staring role?

nickc

Hmmmm, I Robot is a collection of short stories. The I robot film is loosely (if at all really) based around the first one "Robbie" which sort of looks at the whole Frankenstein Complex surrounding human-like robots. So not literally speaking destroying the plot.

I am Legend (the book) is about what it means to be human, Is the last "proper" human the remnants of a lost civilisation as the hero believes, or are the Vampires (for that's what they are in the book) now Humanity? Eventually the "hero" of the book is killed by pills given to him by a member of the new humanity, so…Plot fail.

HTH

Free Member

oldboy – an excellent film, infact, a bluddy excellent film… ultimately ruined by will "i can only act in the same role" smith.

i'm sure he's a nice chap and a good dad, but if only he'd stuck with the fresh prince.

jeebus wept

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘MTB and drugs movie’ is closed to new replies.