Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • M&S Insurance – Quick question as they are closed now, about specified bikes
  • mrmuddybum
    Free Member

I took out a policy a couple of days ago, and could swear that I saw something while doing the application that said specified bikes over £1,000 were covered away from home, even if you didnt take their ‘contents away from home’ cover. Can anyone confirm? Cant find anything in the documents online.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

No worries, I’ll give them a bell today when I get chance. 🙂

Drac
    mrmuddybum
    Free Member

What I meant was that it said that bikes under 1,000 weren’t covered when away from home, unless you took the ‘contents away from home’ cover, but bikes over £1000 that were specified, were covered away from home, and the ‘contents away from home’ cover wasn’t required.

Seeing as both my bikes are specified, i didn’t want to bother with the contents away from home, if it wasn’t required for the bikes.

I’ll give them a bell sometime today to clarify.

Drac

Seems to an added extra now.

mrmuddybum
    Free Member

Just to follow up. If bikes over £1000 are specified, then the ‘cover away from home’ is not required – as they are automatically covered away from home. Bikes under £1000 DO require ‘cover away from home’ if the cover is needed.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My renewal came thru today – appears to still be unspecified items up to £4000

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Phoned to check – renewals still get the £4000 limit, new policies are lower

scaredypants

teeej – seems that holds if you’re renewing but not for new punters
    (means you can’t cancel, rebook and get the cheaper prices any more, I guess)

benslow
    Free Member

Good to know its still on for renewals – mines up at weekend and seeing as its not a bad price I might just take it to save myself from an evening of those boring comparison sites.

(And the junk mail/ email/ phonecalls that come later)

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

My renewal came thru today – appears to still be unspecified items up to £4000

tj was told this too when i queried it, pretty good really! just out of interest has your renewal shot up even though its on the old cover or still roughly the same?

scaredypants

mine wasn’t much more than last year (maybe 5-10% or so max)

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Up a bit I think – I don’t really take a lot of notice

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers you two, good to know, they confirmed to me that at least for the remainder of this year renewals would stay on old policy

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘M&S Insurance – Quick question as they are closed now, about specified bikes’ is closed to new replies.