Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Moving House – Getting in Professional Cleaners
  • KonaTC

Moving house early Sep, assuming of course the chain doesn’t collapse, thinking of getting in professional cleaners to give the old house a good once over for the new buyers, allowing me to concentrate on moving into the new house.

Anyone got experience of using professional cleaners and how much they charge (4 bed house) Also any recommendations (Cambridgeshire Area or national Companies) greatly received

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

You are going to pay to clean the house you are moving OUT of?

Are you bonkers?

(reminds me of the recent Simpsons episode where Homer leaves a 'gift' for the new owners of his house…)

xcgb
    Free Member

I have always left houses clean but to pay someone seems a little OTT to me

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I have always left houses clean but to pay someone seems a little OTT to me

Agree with that – a once over with a vacuum and a wipe of any really dirty bits fair enough. I could understand your idea if it was rented and you wanted to make sure you got your deposit back, but all you are doing is paying good money that you will never have an appreciation of.

And the new owners will still clean it top to bottom anyway….

rs
    Free Member

clearly mad, give it a quick hoover.

l45key
    Free Member

I looked at getting cleaners in, when I moved into my house, rates were £200 per day!

Got the cleaners in from work instead with a backhander of £50 each.

molgrips
    Free Member

Houses are fairly easy to clean when they're completely empty!

br
    Free Member

Nice thought – and it depends do you want deep clean (£200 inc wet-n-dry), or just clean (£30) – say 3 bed.

flip
    Free Member

😯

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Different world, . . . must be darn sarf?

sofatester
    Free Member

Your mad as a bag of frogs dear fellow 😀

joemarshall
    Free Member

And the new owners will still clean it top to bottom anyway….

I don't know, but the lovely person who lived in our house left it completely spotless, so I can certainly appreciate that it is jolly nice if someone does it. And no way did we clean it before moving it, it was perfect.

Joe

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Moving House – Getting in Professional Cleaners’ is closed to new replies.