Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Motorbike Content: New Toy!
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Take delivery next Friday… but I have just paid off the remainder of the balance and am just waiting for a man in a van to drop it off and (sob) take away my 955i Speed Triple.

That said, it should be better for what I want a bike for – going places on random trips being the prime one! The first trip is just a weekend jaunt over to the far side of the Dales at the start of April. Full luggage (the panniers aren't shown here, but it has the matching Triumph ones) and heated grips… will I be able to cope with such luxury!

ChrisA
    Free Member

that top box looks massive! you must be going for 3 weeks if you need to take panniers too?!!

Nice bike.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Apparently the top box aint as big as it looks! If I can get away with just the side panniers though I would probably leave it behind and just strap the tent onto the top box rack thingy.

gixer.john
    Free Member

Looks like the Cheltenham Trumpet shop, mate bought a Speed Triple and Daytona675 from them last year.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It is indeed. And I live on the edge of the Lake District… so it has a wee way to come!

gixer.john
    Free Member

Couldn't you have ridden down with the P/X then ride the new Trumpet home. Would have been run in by the time you got home 😛

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It's already run in – 11 months old with 3k on the clock 😉

And the idea of riding a Speed Triple down to Chelternham from here at this time of year is really not appealing… if it had been another few weeks I would probably have been tempted – just for one last road trip with my 955 🙁

I didn't mean to buy it, but the deal that was offered was just too damn good to refuse! The plan was to start looking in April/May… ahem… oh well!

alanf
    Free Member

Its crying out for an Arrow titanium can on it.

They are fine looking bike indeed.

br
    Free Member

The topbox is an odd shape, and you need to be at least 6 foot just to see into it 😆

Get some hand protectors too, along with heated grips I never needed anything other than (waterproof) summer gloves – also help with mirror 'contacts'.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Aye – hand protectors are on the shopping list! Hopefully not the Triumph ones though, they are a silly price 🙂

ivantate
    Free Member

Ahh, my head says this is the most likely 'next bike' for me.
    Although the rest of me reckons a 1050 Speed Triple is the way to go.

Ace bike, good at everything.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

That's why I went for it – need a bit of a Jack of all Trades machine. If I have money again in the future then I may add a Scrambler or new Speed Triple to the mix…. or perhaps go deeply dubious with a Rocket III Roadster (it is the only bike I have ever climbed on and just started laughing… it's a mobile cure for depression I tell you!)

m0nster2
    Free Member

🙂 Nice!
    Chap at work just collected his 10MY Rocket III this week. Rode it in on the 1st.
    It's a beaut. Going to take some cleaning though.

I've ridden virtually every day for the past 2 years and only got heated grips a month ago. Can guarantee I'll never live without them again now. Cushty!

anagallis_arvensis

I want that one

Yours looks nice but I am not 8 foot tall

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

That's not bad… but I have seen better ones 😉

The matt green just looks magnificent. Nearly bought one on impulse, but then remembered the type of riding I want to do…. one day though.

Or I could just rebuild the Norton Dominator 😉

grim168
    Free Member

Use ktm hand guards. they are nicer looking and cheaper. got mine here http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/tiger-1050-enduro-style-handguards–bark-busters-2908-p.asp

Graham

Ps Im in Preston, good hunting round your way and the dales for sports bikes. 😀

grim168
    Free Member
    Geronimo
    Free Member

RobS – Member

…..there is no way on Earth I was riding my TDM 850 to it's limits… didn't stop me chopping it in for a Speed Triple though (which I won't even scratch the surface of it's abilities).

I would be tempted by a thou if I was into the whole sports bikes thing simply because they are physically a bit bigger, and that would be a bit more comfortable for me.

That said… big nakeds is where it's at

Or not, eh? 🙂

I quite like the idea of the Tiger 1050, although I've never ridden one.
    I'm making do with riding a TDM.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Nah – big nakeds are still where my heart lies… I was just finding too many reasons not to use it (needed to take some gear with me/was a bit nippy to blast over to Leeds on the bike/my arse would be numb by Kirkby Lonsdale… etc etc etc!)

Bikini fairings are a compromise I can live with!

The TDM wasn't bad – mine was a Mk I and was a bit shocking. The newer ones do look an interesting proposition!

Cheers Grim – had seen those ones and was considering them, and shall enjoy hunting the power rangers (it was fun on the Speed Triple, but something with more supple suspension will be a real bonus on the roads around these parts!)

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Damnit – I want it now!

Hope the weather is decent next Friday/Saturday/Sunday!

one_bad_mofo

My recommendation for handguards would be Bark Busters.I've got a set on my V-Strom, which replaced the stock Suzuki ones, and they offer more protection. Oh and they were a freebie from the company's European agent. 🙂

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Cool – price aint bad either… may order some up later on today!

Do you find they make your hands too hot in summer though? Some have suggested taking them off for the warmer months!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Motorbike Content: New Toy!’ is closed to new replies.