Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Mothers day. What you done today?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

So I saw the old dear and gave her her present etc last night so today was all about the kids looking after their mum. It’s a tricky one coz you only get one mum, but as ours are only ten and seven they need a bit of help. How’d you lot play it out? Good day?

chojin
    Free Member

Went for a ride in the Quantocks.

Great day until it pissed down 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Dinner with mine which was great, bit of an awkward one for my nipper as her mom fecked off 5 years ago.

bol

I did a duathlon this morning (not quite sure how I got away with that) and cooked this evening. The kids didn’t fully enter into the spirit of mothers’ day while I was out apparently. Not sure I’ll get away with it again.

Markie
    Free Member

Weekend away with my wife’s mom (and all the rest of the family), toast and tea in bed for my wife along with a ceramic bowl Ms Markie Jr had painted. Enthusiastically. Then home to takeaway pizza and dancing on ice. Then bed!

elaineanne
    Free Member

i got 2 boxes of chocolates and a bottle of pink Zinfandel wine…and 2 beautiful cards… 😉

restless
    Free Member

My 10yr old made me breakfast in bed.
    My 14yr old made sunday dinner and my 2yr old ate all my chocolates.

A nice chilled out day 😀

yunki
    Free Member

our two year old son stayed at grannies last night so we got to sleep in til midday with the three week old.. (other than the regular waking and feeding and a couple of hours of screaming mad colic late last night)

then it was tantrums with the toddler when he returned from grandmas.. followed by a drive across the moor and a bit of a walk by the river.. round to the other grannies for another tantrum followed by a nice bit of grub and a fairly chilled out evening..

three week old son has just slept most of the afternoon and evening though so we’re expecting another busy night..

We gave Mrs Yunki a new coat she’s been after as reward for her sterling services to motherhood..

starsh78
    Free Member

played call of duty all day with the wife 😀

lord
    Free Member

morning spent at preston bmx track , was great 🙂

fenred
    Free Member

Sent my mother a card and some cash in it as she always moans that flowers are a waste of money…rang the mother this morning to wish her hmd, got thanked for card/cash and was told she’d bought flowers and chocolates with it….message received and understood…glad I didn’t make the 120 mile round trip and elected to ride my bike in the sunshine instead 🙄

toby1

Mine is in Poole, I’m Romania – so I sent an IOU. My Mum is great and easily the best of my 2 parents!

grim168
    Free Member

Wife and I drove our eldest to a trampoline comp over in Hull. Always a nice day when we are stuck in a sports hall 🙁

pennine
    Free Member

As mine died 23 years ago I went to the Yorkshire Dales.

djc1245
    Free Member

My mum died when i was 6. Went out on my bike for a couple of hours then went and saw my step mum to give her a card, stayed for 30 mins then went and had a few beers

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pennine, that’s sad. As much as she winds me up I wouldn’t be without mine. My condolences 😐

MrWoppit
    Free Member

jam-bo

Took 5 month old jam bo junior to see grandparents.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Went to the cemetery to see mum – first year without her here to tell her I love her.

Then Cannon Hall Petting Farm with my wife, girls and granny & granddad.

Sandwich

Cooked for Mrs S. Expensive steak, with homemade chips. A homemade lemon pudding for afters.
    My mum is also in the cemetery, will call in and sit with her tomorrow on the way home. The grave is in a great spot with a good view now the cement works chimney is down.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well ive just seen that my wife has posted earlier on Facebook that she’s had the best mothers day ever so that’s made my day!!

LimboJimbo

Spent the day in the Neonatal unit with our week old son and his Mum. I was supposed to be taking them home today but he had a bit of a temperature so his parole was rejected. He managed to get his Mum a card though, she commented on his unusually neat handwriting.

[/url]
    IMG_0343 by Required Listening, on Flickr[/img]

jam-bo

Hope you get home soon. We were there for 108 days!!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Soooo cute!

singletracksurfer

kids chose the flowers, made cards & painted plant pots (with plants in), I ordered mug with pictures of kids on, got a load of new pictures printed.
    my mum also stayed at our house, and got flowers, mags & film, home made card and i made 2 lots of breakfasts in bed. really surprised myself with that effort.

then went on a 8 hrs bike ride to readdress tge balance, while mrs sts visited her mum 🙂

LimboJimbo

To be honest he looks like a bit of a bruiser at 6lbs 3oz compared to the tiny premature babies on the unit. He had a bit of a rough start as he was born via c-section with no heartbeat. I was in theatre and to hear the nightmare call for a crash team is a memory that will never leave me. It took eight minutes to start his little heart which, let me assure you is a long time from where his Mum and I were.

He has made astonishing progress over the last week and despite little setbacks and an impending MRI scan, taking him home is now imminent. So it is fair to say our first Mothers day is bit special.

Anyhoo, as I’m a new (proud) Dad, I’m sure you’ll indulge me another pic!

[/url]
    IMG_0368 by Required Listening, on Flickr[/img]

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nice to hear a lovely story 🙂

wrightyson
    Free Member

Much luck to you three! Hope all pans out rosy. Enjoy getting him home! Oh and anyone who can do a steady 8 mins without a proper heartbeat is gonna be one tough ass fighter for the rest of his life!!!

Bunnyhop

LimboJimbo – He is a little bundle of cuteness. I hope you get him home very soon, where he belongs.

saleem
    Free Member

Mine is in Jordan working so it was a short call.

neninja
    Free Member

Got up with the kids who were excited and decided to get up at 5.55am!!! Got them to go back to bed until 7.15am – not quite the Sunday sleep in I hoped for.

Then made smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for my wife in bed. She then opened the boys presents and homemade cards (8 and 6).

We then went to Beamish open museum for the day which was great, followed by a mad dash home for Max’s drum lesson. Pretty busy day.

My mum was away seeing my brother down South so didn’t see her today, spoke on the phone though.

CountZero

Odd, my post on here from earlier seems to have vanished. How peculiar.
    Anyway, my mum died on the 18th January, so Mother’s Day this year was not something that filled me with any degree of cheeryness.

mboy
    Free Member

Another one here that’s not had to worry for the past 18 years… Shame as she was a great woman!

But even if she was around, she’d probably have been far more interested in me being out enjoying myself, having fun, than sitting around fussing over her… Which is good cos I was out riding, having LOTS of fun! 😀

Grimy
    Free Member

I bought my Mum some fancy champagne flutes from John Lewis’s as shes never owned a set. Chucked in a card and a bottle of champagne too and she was very happy. Dad was pretty chuffed too I think.

Went to see my Nan too. Took a card and flowers, but I needent bother, shes just happy to see the wife and I for the afternoon. Trying not to choke on our tea with laughter at all the slightly non PC things the older generation come out with, and the casual farting. 😆

thegreatape
    Free Member

My wife got a lie in until 9, the kids gave her cards, and a CD which I wanted, and I cooked her favourite dinner for dinner. I’m just in from work so I’m going to go to bed and see if I can make it a hat trick. So her day is complete.

We sent flowers to both our mums, I rang mine this morning for a mother’s day hello and a chat.

Funny thing is, I’ll be ringing her again later today to see that she’s ok as it’s 15 years to the day since she was unexpectedly widowed.

lowey

I took the bike up Harter Fell in the lakes and had a chat with me owd mum who I lost last year (couple of weeks before Mothers Day). Had a moment to reflect on where I have come over the last 12 months, and told her all about it. I think she would have been pretty happy.

2012-03-18 15.04.33 by lowey.com, on Flickr

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Mothers day. What you done today?’ is closed to new replies.