Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • More comfortable alternatives to Odi Ruffian
  • neninja
    Free Member

I seem to be struggling to find my perfect lock on grips at the moment and need some advice.

I'm currently using Odi Ruffians – I love the way my gloves stick to them like glue but find them too hard on my hands.

I've not got very big hands but loved the feel and comfort of a set of Sunline Twisted Waffle but couldn't get on with the raised flange at the end.

I'm tempted by a few options but could do with feedback on what people recommend or grips to avoid.

Options being considered include – Race Face Strafe and Sniper, ODI Rogue and X-Trainer, Lizard Skins Moab and Peaty, Ragley Logo

davcow
    Free Member

Have you tried the Sunline logo lock on grips?

They come in thick or thin to suit your hand size.

Jim-bob
    Free Member

X-trainers are the comfiest ODIs I've tried, even comfy without gloves.

StuF

The charge ones from wiggle are good, I'm on my second pair

sv

The Rogues are nice I also have some Lizard Skins North Shore which are nicer IMO.

kimbers

+1 x-trainers, lovely grips

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ODI /Yeti grips, been rocking them on my bars for arround 10 years now.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

You sound like you ride with your hand at the end of the bar and the lockon bit causes uncomfort. If so try specialized xc grips. Inner clamp only and so comfortable i'll never go back to 2 clamp designs (i used to get sore hands from the outer clamp as i hold the bars right at the end).

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

ODI Longneck

timothecimmerian

I went from Ruffian to ODI cross trainer – best grips I've used to date.

gamo
    Free Member

Lizard skins charger are great! I used rogues for years before these and find them far comfier and just as grippy.

UnderTheWood
    Free Member

If you like the size of the Ruffians then have a look at the Oury lock ons.

tinsy
    Free Member

I am about to give ESI silicon grips a try, apparently they never slip though they are not lock on, and they are really comfy as you would expect of a grip made of silicon..

BigJohn

I like Ergon

iain1775
    Free Member

rogues al the way here

Lifer
    Free Member

+1 for Lizard Skins Chargers

matthewjb
    Free Member

If you like the size of the Ruffians then have a look at the Oury lock ons.

I've got the Ourys as well. You may find them too big though.

Before that I had the Yeti lock-ons which were good but thinner.

Seggons
    Free Member

longnecks +1

neninja
    Free Member

Wow thanks for all the suggestions – not seen the longnecks, I'll check them out.

Sounds like the Chargers, Rogues and x-trainers are popular. I'll see if my LBS has any of them in stock to have a look at in the flesh

nickc

I went from ruffians to the yeti hardcore ODI. Same thing as you loved the ruffian for it's grip, but it was tearing my hands apart

LoCo
    Free Member

The charge ones someone mentioned earlier are good, however they're quite small diameter so if you've got big hand I'd maybe avoid them.
    Oh and the new TLD ODI grips look pretty good!

dufresneorama
    Free Member

Another here for Lizard Skin Charger you get them lock-on too

comfy as hell and sticky icky icky

momo

I'm using the Pro atherton lock-ons, fairly thin but comfy. fairly sticky too. Only have a lock ring on the inside too.

neninja
    Free Member

Thanks for all your info.

Someone put a pair of nearly new LS Chargers in classifieds this afternoon so I'm going to give them a go first to save £'s

Anyone after a set of nearly new Ruffians lol

neninja
    Free Member

The Chargers have been spot on so thanks again. I think I've found my perfect grip.

takisawa2

LizardSkinz North Shore very comfy, but quite girthsome. Not a problem for me as have huge knob. 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Is it the collars that cause discomfort? I also ride with my hands over the ends and have developed nice callouses!

I currently have outland lock-ons on my FS and they feel the same as ODIs. But I went back to gilled non-lock-ons on my HT and they are much more comfy than all the lock-ons I've tried. They don't move around that much.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘More comfortable alternatives to Odi Ruffian’ is closed to new replies.