Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)
  • Morbid one this but worth pondering / discussing
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

We’re all going to expire at some point – that’s part of “the deal.”

Would you prefer to go quickly – i.e. sudden death from cardiac / neurological malfunction or would you prefer to be ill for a bit to give you chance to say your goodbyes, do stuff and put your house in order?

grum
    Free Member

I’d like to think that I’ll get ill then take up wingsuit base jumping 🙂

joao3v16
    Free Member

I don’t think it is worth pondering/discussing how you prefer to die

😕

Woody
    Free Member

Depends on the illness and if pain or care requirements by others was involved but on balance quick would very much be my preference.

v8ninety

Quick and painless, preferably asleep, after a long and healthy life. Bit of a no brainer for me; if only we actually could specify! (without resorting to one way tickets to Switzerland…)

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i never think about it.
    if i go tomorrow, then i go. that’s that.
    but i never think about “how” or anything like that; not worth wasting brain time on.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“We’re all going to expire at some point”

I’m not going to expire, I’m going to die, be dead end of.

My wife is a hospital doctor and she says that everytime you would want to go quickly rather than have a drawn out death. Death is rarely a pleasent experience especially if you end up in a hospital.

Why should it matter if you die quickly any how?

“chance to say your goodbyes, do stuff and put your house in order?”

Surely you do this everyday? ie do the stuff now that you want to do, and make sure things are set out as good as they can be for if your not their. If you die slowly its very rare that you get to do the above stuff as your ill and dying…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hopefully at a time of my choosing surrounded by my loved ones – if not then quickly. Drop down dead quickly

maccruiskeen

Statistically most of us will die in hospital, and vast majority of the heath care we’ll receive throughout our whole lifetime will be received in the weeks before we die. There. Are you miserable now? Are you? Well there it is.

However I’d like to die in joke that has the punchline “not like the passengers on his bus.”

5thElefant
    Free Member

Lots of blood and mess and as instant as possible. Preferably utterly pointless too.

molgrips
    Free Member

I want to be so old that I just don’t care any more.

I think, anyway.

maccruiskeen

44 Deaths

Although its on the ‘Bad Death” side of the chart I’m quite drawn to:

Jumping thirteen floors from a burning building into what you assume is a rubberised blanket held by a ring of firemen, but which actually turns out to be a group of people on their way to a fancy dress party carrying a harp

v8ninety

I don’t think it is worth pondering/discussing how you prefer to die

Unfortunately, very few people do, until it comes to it, when it is often too late. Society’s last great taboo…

Me, I’m getting ‘DNR’ tattooed to my chest for my 75th birthday, if I reach it…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I thought the OP was going to be a series of pictures of dead women, with starship asking “Well, would you?”

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Would you prefer to go quickly – i.e. sudden death from cardiac / neurological malfunction or would you prefer to be ill for a bit to give you chance to say your goodbyes, do stuff and put your house in order?

After losing both parents in the last 2.5 years – father quickly and unexpectedly, mum after a short but terminal illness – I would rather go the way mum did. Just a couple of weeks before she died last month she struggled up to our house to be with our girls for their 2nd birthday party. I got to say goodbye and I got to talk to her about things we never discussed before and found out one or two little things too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blow out not fizzle out thanks.

philconsequence
    Free Member

heroin overdose is meant to be the ultimate high isnt it?

if i dont get wiped out quickly in some kinda of amazing accident or sacrifice myself to save a puppy or disabled child then its a heroin overdose whilst being entertained by the finest ladies the money i just got off a loanshark can buy.

maccruiskeen

I thought the OP was going to be a series of pictures of dead women, with starship asking “Well, would you?”

I can see that being Derek’s regular friday thread, taking over from Flash’s A&A

derek_starship
    Free Member

Vimto / screen inteface – pffftttt – very funny dd!

samuri
    Free Member

With as little impact on everyone else as possible.

My father and my father in law took ages dying. The stress on the families for both was immense and what you get left with is a series of bad memories which are very intense clouding out the good memories.

Stuff that. I just want me to be fine one day, gone the next. If I missed out on a chance to say goodbye (which I think is a very odd thing to want to do to be honest), or didn’t get my house in order normally, then I’ve messed things up anyway.

I may feel differently once I get there but right now, if I get to about 80-85 I’ll be pleased. That’s a good innings. All I need to do then is accidentally fall off a cliff or get driven over by an errant hovercar.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

As long as I had a chance to dispose of my collection of fetish wear and animal pron before I go…

maccruiskeen

Blow out not fizzle out thanks.

Le Grande Bouffe

jon1973
    Free Member

I’d like to die in slow motion in a barrage of gunfire, possibly culminating in a freeze frame.

lunge

Quick and unexpected please. I’d rather not be sat around for too long thinking about it.

sobriety
    Free Member

Wrestling a burning lion while bicycling into a volcano on a tandem, with your arch-nemesis glued to the other saddle playing the accordion

That’ll do me.

v8ninety

+1 Samuri

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

“worth pondering / discussing” – Is it? Is it really?

v8ninety

“worth pondering / discussing” – Is it? Is it really?

Good god yes! (IMHO/experience, anyway). So much heartache, confusion, fear, pain, stress etc could be avoided if people had a good understanding and acceptance of the issues around both their and their loved ones mortality. I have lost count of the number of old chests I’ve bounced up and down on pointlessly which is traumatic and upsetting for all involved.

maccruiskeen

I have lost count of the number of old chests I’ve bounced up and down on pointlessly which is traumatic and upsetting for all involved.

You’re a lap dancer?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Would you prefer to waste time discussing how to die, or stem lengths?

Would you prefer to be poked in the eye with a cocktail stick….or in the willy with a compass?

Maybe we should have a separate forum for these threads…

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Personally, I’d rather ponder / discuss living, thanks all the same.
    “I have lost count of the number of old chests I’ve bounced up and down on pointlessly” I really, really hope you’re a nurse or medic :mrgreen:

wrecker
    Free Member

Quick and spectacular for me please.
    If I end up a dribbling mess, I hope someone will put me in a plane and throw/wheel me out. If I still have my facilities I shall go quietly to a very secluded and quiet forest somewhere in the world and put a bullet through my head and hope that nobody ever finds me so that I can rest in nature.

v8ninety

Although, to be fair, not particularly worth discussing on here, granted. Try relaxed evenings, with loved ones, with humour, and maybe beer.

Yep, lapdancer, quite ugly, hence pain and suffering etc…

user-removed
    Free Member

Was thinking about a slight tangent of this just yesterday. My Grandad is 98 and has spent the last four years of his life in a care home. Before he went into care, he was quite ‘with it’ – he had plenty stories to tell, had the odd visitor and enjoyed the occasional shamble round his massive garden. Sure, his short term memory was pretty shot and he had all the day to day problems you’d expect someone that age to have, but he still enjoyed a reasonable quality of life, mainly thanks to my Dad living in.

Whilst the care home was absolutely necessary (he was no longer able to care for himself, and my Dad was worn out by trying to be a 24 hour carer), it strikes me that these places exist solely to keep their cash-cows alive, in an un-natural, zombified state. He’s now almost completely cut off, partly through deafness / blindness and partly through being pumped full of drugs all day every day. He rarely leaves his bed except for a quick wheelchair safari in the garden of the home.

I suppose that before care homes existed, people would just die through neglect, which might be even worse….

Quick and unexpected for me please Big Man!

16stonepig
    Free Member

A parachute not opening – that’s the way to die, getting caught in a combine, having your nuts bit off by a Laplander. That’s the way I want to go.

Moses

I’d like to go while I’m coming, I think, preferably with someone athletic and female and pretty.

Either that or a heroin overdose, which is supposed to be pleasurable & painless. It’s the NHS preferred exit, anyway.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Drug fuelled sex heart attack.

binners

I want to go in a proper Wil-e Coyote way.

I want a grand piano to land on my head as I wizz down the road on my Acme Rocket Propelled Roller skates

maccruiskeen

I’d like to go while I’m coming, I think, preferably with someone athletic and female and pretty.

Another customer for V8Ninety

WackoAK
    Free Member

Binners wins!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Morbid one this but worth pondering / discussing’ is closed to new replies.