Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Moors Valley Country Park ride today…
  • bikey
    Free Member

I went to Moors Valley Country Park today to ride the new single track loop for the first time and loved it. To be honest I have lost my riding mojo recently. I was getting fed up with the snow/cold/wet/mud/bike cleaning/kit washing that goes with winter off-road riding, but today I found my riding Mojo again. The track was dry and fast and twisty as hell. My mate and I took it in turns to lead each section and then swap over at the next. We did a couple of loops and even found time to have a muck about at the play park area.

I know its not South Wales of Scotland, but its local, its all weather and great for a blast.

There were a few dog walkers and runners on the trail coming towards us but no collisions or near misses!

Just gotta shake this cold and I will go back for another blast.

Matt

M1llh0use
    Free Member

It’s all right innit!! One of those places that taken at speed gets fairly challenging.

Lummox

Great isn’t it, I had a ‘slightly naughty’ ride round before the opening day and rode it in reverse which means most if the twisty bits are down (although it is only a teeny gradient)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrDomRob
    Free Member

I was there today too, with me mutt and a couople of mates. Been there a couple of times over the Xmas break.

I think it is going to be a regular loop for me, quick too, about an hour and a half door to door for me 😀

Ashley
    Free Member

Great for me living in Verwood – I can use it for a quick loop or two.

You need to get out early or very late to get the fast laps in. I can still only do 19 minute ones, but I hear of 15 minute laps being achieved. That is from the start post all the way round back to the same post again (not the start of the first section to the end of the last). Including the bits to the post, it is 5 miles on the nose.

Also try it at night – even more fun!!

I agree I prefer the other way round and hoped they were going to sign it that way.

Also good for my 11yo son who enjoys it. We tend to go from Potterne Park then, a gentle ride round the lakes, a single loop and back again. A nice 8.5 miles which is ideal for him right now.

mmb
    Free Member

was there on thursday morning with a couple of mates, have been a few times now and think it’s better at night so we’ll be back on wednesday or thursday evening for a couple of laps.

dusterbenny
    Free Member

Ridden there 4 or 5 times now, most recent was on sunday. Still enjoy the loop even now, and definitely one thats best enjoyed flat out! found it to be perfect going for my single speed.

Rumour has it that the organizers were looking into building a ‘red’ graded loop sometime in the future?

bikey
    Free Member

It looks like I was not alone in my grin factor rating yesterday. I rode it on a geared bike and my mate was on a single speed. I will prob take a ss bike next time as I reacon it will have the edge over gears. I did think that at a few points on the loop a red section could have been added to offer some progression as locals get used to the track and there riding becomes proficient. To put in a whole new red section is a massive task along with a huge expense. Also there are a few very tight corners that totally slows you up and kills all your speed. A very small bit of banking, but not a full on berm as it is classed as a blue grade would have made for a better flow.

Matt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Moors Valley Country Park ride today…’ is closed to new replies.