Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Mondraker's 'centre stem'
  • ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

What do we think then eh?

It’s on Bikerader by the way (or already on this forum somewhere)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member
    kayak23

Mondraker unveil radical new ‘centre stem’

[img]https://ft2racin.com/2/onlinestore/images/stem-0mm-sil.jpg[/img][img]http://www.global-flat.com/upload/parts/2005-11-25-14-31-25Seq_ZeroStem.jpg[/img]

EDIT: Missed the bit about making the rest of the bike longer… Seems a little bit of a long way around the pole though…

scaredypants

Fair enough for trying it – seems quite a logical extension of recent trends

Can’t really compare it to the last time round unless somebody made extra long TT’d bikes back then too

h4muf
    Free Member

Massive top tube required.

Pointless.

LoCo
    Free Member

Given that ‘people’ ( 😕 ) want a low front end to weight the front end (currently) how does this fit?
    bars seem higher and further back, can’t reduce headtube length to drop weight/C of G lower.

Are we going to have dropped bars next like the old cafe racers?

Would like a go on one to see, though.

scaredypants

They made a shortish headtube on the pic, presumably without making it all wibbly ?

skywalker
    Free Member

Looks wrong, is wrong.

scaredypants

Is this a spinning jenny I see before me ?

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Could work well, I quite like the idea. It would be really interesting to try I’m sure. It’s one of those things I feel that could either die a quick death or just explode and in 5 years time be how all trail bikes are designed.

snotrag

And coming next year – the Reverse mounted stem. Or ‘Tiller’ as boating folk like to call it.

skywalker
    Free Member

Could work well

You don’t have the choice of making your bike shorter to fit you better, only longer, how can that possibly work well?

What about folk with long legs, short torso, and vice versa?

Say the standover on a medium is fine, but it feels way too long in the TT. So you try the next size down, the ETT is spot on, but you would have to run the seatpost above maximum extension.

People don’t just come in one size.

chakaping
    Free Member

Given that ‘people’ ( ) want a low front end to weight the front end (currently) how does this fit?

Mondraker front ends are really low already though. Possibly too low in the case of the Foxy (which is the demo bike there).

Having owned a Foxy, I wouldn’t have thought it needed a 60mm longer wheelbase because it was very long (and low) for a trail bike anyway.

I’d really like to give it a go too though. Knowing how stable the normal Foxy is, this must be incredible.

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Surely to weight up the front for corners with this extra long TT you would need to have your torso way out in front of the bars!?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Mondraker's 'centre stem'’ is closed to new replies.