• This topic has 31 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by dazh.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Monday Night Pub Ride – April 25th – Cragg Quarry / Turbines Edition
  • Harry_the_Spider

Rostron Arms, Edenfield.
    BL0 0JZ
    8:15 Blast Off
    Bring money for beer

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

In

binners

Oh go on then….

mikerigby

Count me in.

duncancallum

I’m in. Work allowing

chipps

Ooh, nice.
    I’ll have to see what timezone my brain is in though.

Harry_the_Spider

Bumpetto.

dazh

I’ll have to see what timezone my brain is in though.

Stay in merkin time and it’ll be like a normal lunchtime ride.

Can we go up the coal road this time? I’m in a masochistic mood at the moment.

Harry_the_Spider

merkin time

?

terrahawk
    Free Member

tomorrow I’m in bloody Surrey. I mean, where the **** is that?

dazh

Merkin = pubic wig, but back in the 90s, before proper web forums like this one, it was a fondly used term for americans cos they sound similar. It also had the added attraction that most americans haven’t got a clue what a merkin is 🙂

binners

Whos in then? Trails had dried out nicely when I was out on Friday.

It was snowing yesterday though. Snowing. Like it does. In April

And just for you Daz… we can go up the coal road*

* not a euphemism

GregMay
    Free Member

Went up yesterday. Got snowed on. Not doing that two days in a row.

Harry_the_Spider

Whos in then?

Me.

dazh

And just for you Daz… we can go up the coal road*

Excellent, I’ll bring the race bike as it needs testing before the weekend 🙂

dontdropthesoap
    Free Member

Not the bloody Coal Rd.

mikerigby

Cars broken so nothing to carry my bike on, unless anyone with a van is passing Prestwich.

dazh

Not the bloody Coal Rd.

It’s a much quicker way up, as there’s no fences to jump over 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Cars broken so nothing to carry my bike on, unless anyone with a van is passing Prestwich.

I can get you. Be ready with your wheels off and seat out at 7:45. Nursery Road? Pack clean clothes so you don’t shit my car up 😉

binners

The sky is clearing so It’s going to be bloody chilly up there tonight. Put your big thermal nickers on

duncancallum

Oi Mike that’s my excuse.

My “lifestyle” vehicles in getting 2New ball joints n a timing belt ready for my holiday. And my o/h has pinched my car…

So unless any one is passing horwich I’m gonna fit my shiney New reverb n bottom bracket.

mikerigby

Top man. I will be ready

Harry_the_Spider

No worries. I’ve just bunged mine in. Front wheel and seat out, rear can stay in.

Old Road end or the other end?

mikerigby

Old road end. Cheers.

binners

Belting run last night chaps! Even though, due to leaving my phone at home, so no Strava, technically it didn’t actually happen!

Which is probably just as well, as that final slog in to that bloody freezing headwind would probably have been awful! But then the rest of would still have been ace!

So its a double edged sword!

dazh

I quite enjoyed the road bit at the end 🙂

Littlebrough next week then? I’ve an idea for a slightly different, extended route to the normal one which would include Windy Hill and Blackstone Edge, finishing down Mordor. However this would require a slightly earlier start of about 7.30-7.45 to guarantee making it to the pub before it closes. It is a bank holiday after all, but if a problem then keep it at 8.15 and we can do the normal Mordor route.

mintimperial

Littleborough sounds good, not done Mordor for a while now, I’m in for that (assuming the wife lets me out after I get back from Dyfi).

Shame about missing last night, looked fun. I was recapturing my youth, drinking Red Stripe at a gig in a cellar in the Northern Quarter. It was ace but I’m feeling it a bit this morning…

Harry_the_Spider

I was recapturing my youth

In that case we need another BMX night!

tthew

Is Littleborough a definite plan for the bank Holiday Monday then?

Assuming I’ve completed the shed roof and bay window guttering, you know the kind of thing that long weekends were just designed for. 🙁

dazh
    dazh

Sorry guys, dunno if anyone was actually planning on going but I’m going to have to bail tonight. I’ve been away all weekend and have tons to sort out, and I’ve got no dry or clean kit left after riding 3 days running in the rain.

It’s been hosing it down here anyway and Mordor will be a bog on the top, so I would suggest saving it for a dry day. If anyone is still going I can post a route up though if people don’t know it.

dazh

Bugger wrong thread 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Monday Night Pub Ride – April 25th – Cragg Quarry / Turbines Edition’ is closed to new replies.