Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Missus wants an exercise bike. . . . .
  • romster
    Free Member

Budget about £100…..anyone got a model they could recommend?

Jamie
    Free Member

Something second hand.

romster
    Free Member

Something second hand.

Helpful!

romster
    Free Member

Something second hand.

Very Helpful! What about this one – although it's not second hand. I know feckkkkkk all about these lumps of none rolling things……

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Roger-Black-Gold-Exercise-Bike-RRP-249-/190423192512?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportsLeisure_ExerciseFitness_ExerciseBikes_JN&hash=item2c561b53c0

Jamie
    Free Member

Helpful!

No worries.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

My miss' bought one second hand from the loot 2 years ago and it's still going strong. paid £100 and it does the job. I've watch out you don't buy a flimsy one. (i know thats not too helpfull) Some of the models out there are clearly only built to last for a few months.

BontyBuns
    Free Member

looks good, try before you buy though i'd recommend.

romster
    Free Member

Argos are knocking that out at the stated ebay sellers RRP price too…………hmmmm seems a good deal imo.

fubar
    Free Member

if you want 2nd hand and can get to Rochdale I might have just the thing for you :wink:(email in profile)

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Gumtree or Freecycle, FTW. It'll only end up in the loft after two weeks anyway.

igm

At £100 do you not just buy a turbo trainer and stick an old bike on it?

greasyrider
    Free Member

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Romster, I have a cross trainer doing nowt.

£30 and its yours. It has a seat so can be a bike as well as a cross trainer

Wigan area.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

If she has a bike, how about a turbo trainer?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

I would go for the turbo trainer as then she can bike outside in the summer etc. Exercise bikes are sooo boring. You could get her some Spinervals DVDs or something similar as just sitting there peddling at the same rate is a bit dull and pointless.

DezB
    Free Member

Why not cut out the middleman and hand £50 to your local tip?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

An exercise bike yesterday….

meehaja
    Free Member

£50 for my practically unused turbo trainer?

johni
    Free Member

+1 for a turbo trainer

misterfrostie
    Free Member

Here you go mate. Absolutely perfect.

We've got one of these and its fantastic. I've had a similar squeak on mine which turned out to to be a dry bearing. Swift sqirt of GT85 and its quiet as a mouse again.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vision-Fitness-E3200HRT-Exercise-Bike-/320564358557?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_SportsLeisure_ExerciseFitness_CrossTrainersEllipticals_JN&hash=item4aa31fed9d

romster
    Free Member

Sorted! Got the Roger Gold one off ebay in the above post. Well didn't buy it through ebay, quick email and a phone call and managed to barter him down to a cracking price if we collected. I would have gone down the turbo trainer route but my missus will be taking this to her gym once she start's her classes again. Pretty nifty piece of kit actually could definitly put it to good use myself over winter. Cheers all. Romster.

namastebuzz
    Free Member

If you look for excercise gear in the small ads most of it is described as "as new condition", "totally unused" or "still in the box".

Then, when you turn up to buy it, a fat person answers the door.

romster
    Free Member

The guy i got this off today has never sat on an exercise bike in his life, fact. He's obviously making a killing though he had hundreds all laid out ready built. Not exercise bikes i mean all sort's of fitness gear. I so wanted to buy the ping pong table but the missus gave me "the look" when i asked him if he'd accept £20 for it.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Missus wants an exercise bike. . . . .’ is closed to new replies.