Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • MINI Cooper D Clubman – Anybody got one?
  • Tiger6791

Thinking about getting rid of the old Land Rover for one of these?

Anybody got one?

How do they shape us a 2nd family car? 2 kids, dogs, etc…

brassneck

Next door had one on trial as his next company car for a while – I think it was the Clubman rather than the cooper .. if your kids are in child seats still you might want to look elsewhere, and all the nice options were to my mind at least ridiculously over priced. Probably true for all manufacturers though to be fair, I don’t buy new. Seemed a nice place to be sat as the driver / front seat passenger though.

robob
    Free Member

had one as a co. car and i now have a countryman.

i liked it, the club door is truly useful (despite being on the wrong side) the extra space over a hatch is good. i also think they look nice as well (would recommend fitting a roof rack — with bike carriers 🙂 — as it makes the car look a bit more purposefull)

when i had my second child i opted for the 5dr countryman just to make getting kids and their seats in and out easier.

drive well, go well (more useable torque than petrol) frugal-ish…

hth

derekrides
    Free Member

We chopped a Range Rover Diesel Sport for the Countryman, I say we, the bread knife did and now we go to the garage half as often, it costs half as much to fill, goes twice as far on a tank and still goes off road as often as we need. (And deals with the rutted pot holed lane to our gaff.)
    Can highly recommend them.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I’ve got a Cooper D hatch which was bought to use as a city car alongside my RR Vogue, and I have now sold the Vogue and just run the Cooper D! It’s brilliant fun to drive, has been 100% reliable, does 50mpg quite easily and is c charge exampt and easy to park in London. Can get either of my bikes in the back easily with the back seats down and both wheels off.

Great cars – the clubman is usefully bigger – my sister has a Cooper S Clubman and loves it.

Dogs and kids might be a squeeze at the same time depending how big the dogs are as the boot is pretty small with the seats up. A countryman might be a safer bet although I’m not sold on the looks and the fact that it isn’t at all mini!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Wow, I wasn’t aware blind people were allowed to drive! 😆 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I’ve got the Cooper D Countryman, rear seats slide forward and backward to help, room in the back for the dog (border terrier) on a raised home made shelf and room for luggage underneath.

Removable towbar fitted for bike rack

Very nippy and cruises at top speed very well, although I can’t get much more than 44mpg out of it but it’s a company car and fuels provided so I don’t worry about that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘MINI Cooper D Clubman – Anybody got one?’ is closed to new replies.