Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • Message for older gentlemen who use the gym.
  • franksinatra

Just a quick PSA aimed at men of the Brut generation. It is no longer acceptable to wander around the changing room naked with your plums swinging on display. Not since the 80’s has it been acceptable to try and engage people in conversation with your towel draped over your shoulders and nothing else on. I do not want to talk to you when your pecker is out.

The modern day etiquette that you should adhere to is this. It is only acceptable to be naked during the short time gap between drying your genitalia and putting you pants on. This should be no more than 5 seconds and should not involve conversation unless it is somebody you already know.

Thank you.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and at no point is the hair dryer to be used down stairs either

wolly
    Free Member

Do you shower with your shorts on? I get the not speaking thing but really are you that uptight?

khani
    Free Member

And don’t sit on a slatted bench either….

allthepies
    Free Member

Wasn’t there a post on here a year or so back where some bloke was shaving himself (down there) in the hand basin of a gym changing room ? 😆

sadmadalan

What is it with the younger generation that they are afraid to be seen naked in the changing rooms. Too much namby pandering to them if you ask me. In my day …….

Basil

Towel flossing permissible?

bobbyspangles

we are all naked under these clothes.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

OP you really are a sensitive little wall-flower..

MTFU as the saying goes.

Basil

OP wants to do it his way

Jamie
    Free Member

joemarshall
    Free Member

Isn’t it simple – don’t want to see people naked, go somewhere with indiidual changing cubicles, don’t care, join a gym with shared changing.

I think it is an age / parenthood thing – just wait ten years and you’ll not give a damn about who sees your bits in public either. If you think about it rationally, it is pretty weird of you to be so freaked out about seeing a cock – what exactly is it that you’re scared of?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think it is an age / parenthood thing – just wait ten years and you’ll not give a damn about who sees your bits in public either.be happy anybody sees you naked

jamj1974

I’m with Frank. By all means get changed in a communal setting but have a bit of modesty and decorum.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member
    wrightyson
    Free Member

No word of a lie two bigger sized early 20’s lads came into the swimming pool changing room the other day and just dried themselves off whilst still wearing their wet shorts, then put a top and coat on and left! Water still running down their legs as they made their way out of the changing rooms. 😯

globalti
    Free Member

How did you know they were bigger sized if they kept their trunks on? Were you checking out their packages?

yunki
    Free Member

repression stemming from being brought up in the era of paedogeddon..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRRw1ERj2Gc[/video]

tommyhine

I think anyone who has ever played team sports would probably not worry so much about this?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think anyone who has ever played team sports would probably not worry so much about this?

no need to get that friendly…

wrecker
    Free Member

I’m guessing the op has never partaken in a naked bar.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

NAKED BAR!!!

(Too early?..)

wrecker
    Free Member

(Too early?..)

Its never too early for a NAKED BAR!

grum
    Free Member

OP needs to try going to a sauna in Austria!

ton

jamie………….that cartoon is fantastic, 😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Are we getting those awkward boners OP?

lunge

See I don’t see the problem with this, you’re in a communal changing room, people will be naked, get used to it or get in a cubicle. It only a bit of slightly dangy flesh, I don’t see the problem.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I have played plenty of rugby and other team sports but still have sympathy with the OP. Happens a lot where I swim with the most unlikely looking (?!?) being most on view. I am often thinking, please put it away. The worst case is a regular morning swimmer who compounds the nakedness with very noisy and dramatic ablutions every morning. I am not sure which turns the stomach more!

But kids generation do seem a lot more prudish these days! No showers or showering in trunks after sport!! Big change from my school days with cold and supervised ( 😯 ) showers!!!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Grum, are you looking forward to that in ?. Certainly takes getting to use to ladies lying on the benches with legs akimbo!!! Very un-British. My wife was not sure why I wanted to use the saunas!!

MSP

The outdoor pool I use for my morning swims in the summer, has a mixed communal changing room. There are separate cubicles as well, but they’re not heated. As the average age of morning swimmer is about 80, I have learned to just stare at the wall at all times.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

A kid actually did get a boner in one of our post PE showers in school. One awkward moment and it was 3 or 4 years of hell for him.

tomhoward

DD, you really must stop refering to yourself in the third person….

You haven’t tried this, have you? One of the most luxurious feelings evah.

franksinatra

Guy used to do this is Greens in Edinburgh when I went there.used to lift a leg upon the bench to get the hot air right in the cracks.

Cougar

How else am I supposed to get my perm to set?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I got some weird looks when I used my GHDs (well, it does take a while).

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’m wondering if there’s some middle ground to be found here.
    Maybe there’s a market for willy hijabs, so that the john thomas is always modestly dressed, thus avoiding inflaming anger or passion in other men.

RoterStern
    Free Member

OP what ever you DO NOT take a summer holiday in the eastern part of Germany. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dear God, OP are you really that precious?

😛

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Good god this is sad. It’s a changing room. That’s where you strip off, wash yer balls and get dressed. In my footy days the young lads were initiated into the team with a bit of changing room antics. I ended up getting chased naked by our, also naked centre half around a football pitch with him threatening to shove the corner flag somewhere.

Ok anything physical I accept wouldn’t be condoned these days but if you can’t scrub yer balls in a shower then you are the one with the problem. I expect your also scared if your kids see you naked in case it embarrasses you.

Never heard anything so stw as being offended in a changing room about people using it as it was intended

warton
    Free Member

I take it the OP has never played Sunday League Football?

Testicles everywhere

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Message for older gentlemen who use the gym.’ is closed to new replies.