Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Merc buy Brawn – Button to McLaren
  • Stu

At least it looks like it – should be interesting…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8362295.stm

uplink
    Free Member

There's been a lot of talk of the possible outcome of this regarding Button

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5697300,00.html

I_Ache
    Free Member

And McLaren will be buying out Merc but still use their engines.

http://www.mclaren.com/latestnews/mclaren-news.php?article=380

votchy
    Free Member

Button as No 2 to Hamilton? Wondered why Hamilton was having a pop at Jensen in the press at the w/e. Rosberg and Heidfeld at Mercedes, finally get to see if these guys can live up to their perceived abilities (assuming the Brawn, sorry Merc GP car is any good next year). Kimi off to WRC? Renault, will they pull out? Kubica and Barrichello, where for them now?

I_Ache
    Free Member
    nickc

Button as No 2 to Hamilton?

Ron Dennis at least was very very strict in laying the ground rules that Drivers get parity of equipment until one driver was in a position to win the Championship. This was as true for Senna and Prost. (not that either of them actually liked it).

That's not to say that all drivers are equal, but I can't imagine for a minute Button is signed up to McLaren as No2.

Philby

If Mercedes/Brawn sign both Rosberg and Heidfeld they are really aiming for mediocrity when proven winners such as Button and Raikkonen remain unsigned.

votchy
    Free Member

nickc – just speculating 😉

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Kubica and Barrichello, where for them now?

I believe Barrichello has signed for Williams.

uplink
    Free Member

If Mercedes/Brawn sign both Rosberg and Heidfeld they are really aiming for mediocrity when proven winners such as Button and Raikkonen remain unsigned.

Do you think?

I personally think Rosberg is as good as anyone out there given the right car
    Hamilton & Alonso may have the edge on him but I don't think anyone else does

You never know which Raikkonen is going to show up on race day
    I think he's wound too many people up with his 'don't give a s**t' attitude
    Along with wanting £20m 🙂

Strangelove
    Free Member

During the last GP Jackie Stewart was asked if he thought Button would/should go to Mclaren.
    He replied 'Jackie Stewart wouldnt have gone to Lotus while Jim Clark was there.'
    Personally I would like to see Raikkonen alongside Hamilton at Mclaren. When he is in the mood he is quite possibly the fastest driver on the circuit. His attitude doesnt bother me because I dont have to manage him

cullen-bay
    Free Member

how competitive will that be MacLaren and its two british drivers, and Mercedes and its two German drivers…. possibly the new Mclaren V. Ferrari?

andytherocketeer

kimi gets a better financial deal for taking a sabbatical i think.

jenson would have #1 on his car, and lewis #2, even if he is the "2nd" driver. whether that's a psychological advantage or not is a different matter.

and brawn/mercedes get the first/best pit garage I think, although redbull, mclaren and ferrari also get bigger garages in that order

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Merc buy Brawn – Button to McLaren’ is closed to new replies.